I'm going to go out and buy a Peavey Vypyr 75 like you guys suggested, but I have a question... Will I be able to use my wah pedal with it? Sorry if its a simple question but i don't want to bring it home finally realizing i can't use my wah pedal and get the original tone of of it. I have a Morley Bad Horsie 2 Steve Vai Wah
Yes. You will. Though I thought the wah built in was pretty good, but that's anoter $80 for the foot controller
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
No, it doesn't have an effects loop built in to it. I mean sure, you can use it, but if you get a lot of distortion from the amp, you won't hear it.

I have the 75w version, and even though the tones are great, it's just not reliable enough for live use. Sometimes the sound might die completely, and the only way to get it back is to restart the whole thing. I have the sanpera 2 foot controller, and though it's really handy, it lacks in some very basic things: The tuner's terrible, it doesn't have a clean/drive channel switch, and the looping function is pretty much useless with it's (incontrollable) volume issues.

Conclusion: Good for toying around and having fun with tones; bad for stable, reliable live performance.
Pamposh’s final question before drifting into a state of transcendent ecstasy was, “But Master, if everything is an illusion, then why does anything matter?”

To which the master replied, “It may all be an illusion, but it’s a very real illusion.”
Quote by gynther flynt
No, it doesn't have an effects loop built in to it. I mean sure, you can use it, but if you get a lot of distortion from the amp, you won't hear it.

I have the 75w version, and even though the tones are great, it's just not reliable enough for live use. Sometimes the sound might die completely, and the only way to get it back is to restart the whole thing. I have the sanpera 2 foot controller, and though it's really handy, it lacks in some very basic things: The tuner's terrible, it doesn't have a clean/drive channel switch, and the looping function is pretty much useless with it's (incontrollable) volume issues.

Conclusion: Good for toying around and having fun with tones; bad for stable, reliable live performance.

...no. That's not how that works.

The Effects loop is really just for time-based effects (delay, chorus, phaser, etc). You can run anything in there, I guess, but it sounds better (to my ears) if the wah is out in front rather than in the loop.

Agreed on the reliability. I had one and it actually froze up mid concert.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
...no. That's not how that works.

The Effects loop is really just for time-based effects (delay, chorus, phaser, etc). You can run anything in there, I guess, but it sounds better (to my ears) if the wah is out in front rather than in the loop.

Agreed on the reliability. I had one and it actually froze up mid concert.

+1. Wah does sound the best in front, IMO. I never have played a Vypyr, but I figured that it would be pretty reliable.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)