OK !I would like to know the differences between the kv5fr and the kv2 ? the kv2 cost maybe 700 $ more then the kv5fr.. i have the money for both but is it really worth it to flame all my cash for kv2 instead of the kv5fr ? I know that the kv2 have a better floyd rose and a ebony fretboard instead of a rosewood fingerboard, Is there a whole lot of difference between these two ? ( i know that most of the time its a preference thing ) I you tell me that the kv5fr is a waste of money , sure Ill considered the kv2

PICKUP!!
both of them comes with the jb in the bridge... if those pups arent metal enough i'll change them
I had an eyes between the BL l500xl and a dimarzio x2n... which one of them would you pick ? and if you think of a better metal passive pups just tell me.. but no bareknuckle.. yeah they are great but really expensive... i need spare money for a new combo amp so..... thx in advance ! _\m/
First of all, whats your amp? if ur playing through something crap, then a new expensive guitar isnt worth it...

second, the jb and jazz combo, are actually pretty decent for metal, and they both have decent cleans, and sound quite clear IMO...

but yea whats your amp first?
Just because they are made of the same wood (aside from the fretboard) doesn't mean they are made from the same wood quality!!!

The KV5fr has similiar specs but it is not made by hand in the USA by the guys of the Jackson Custom shop from only high quality woods like the KV2! The Crafting and the quality are just a lot better on the KV2 (I have a KV2 and I have also played a KV5fr so I can compare them). The KV5fr is certainly not a bad guitar, it is a good sounding professional guitar that will last a long time and sound good but the KV2 is a real high end guitar that will blow your mind.

If you have the money, go for the KV2, you won't regret it!

As for pickups: The JB is certainly heavy enough for Metal (Dave Mustaine of Megadeth and Michael Amott of Arch Enemy use them for example). I replaced mine for EMGs because I like the sound. If you want more heaviness and stay passive (without going for a Bareknuckle Painkiller, which would absolutely SLAY in a KV2^^) then try the Seymour Duncan Sh-5 Custom, Sh-6 Distortion or SH-8 Invader!

Hope that helped
I play with a line 6 75 watt ( yeah i know , i was a fkg noob when I bought that ) but like i says, this summer i worked my ass off, gain shit load of money to buy a new guitar and amp, my other guitar is pretty good but its in one step down, so i need a guitar to play in standard
Quote by reclamation901
I play with a line 6 75 watt ( yeah i know , i was a fkg noob when I bought that ) but like i says, this summer i worked my ass off, gain shit load of money to buy a new guitar and amp, my other guitar is pretty good but its in one step down, so i need a guitar to play in standard

Well, a lot of people here will say change the amp, and i'd agree, whats your total budget? for a guitar + amp?
Quote by EyeHatePunks
Just because they are made of the same wood (aside from the fretboard) doesn't mean they are made from the same wood quality!!!

The KV5fr has similiar specs but it is not made by hand in the USA by the guys of the Jackson Custom shop from only high quality woods like the KV2! The Crafting and the quality are just a lot better on the KV2 (I have a KV2 and I have also played a KV5fr so I can compare them). The KV5fr is certainly not a bad guitar, it is a good sounding professional guitar that will last a long time and sound good but the KV2 is a real high end guitar that will blow your mind.

If you have the money, go for the KV2, you won't regret it!

As for pickups: The JB is certainly heavy enough for Metal (Dave Mustaine of Megadeth and Michael Amott of Arch Enemy use them for example). I replaced mine for EMGs because I like the sound. If you want more heaviness and stay passive (without going for a Bareknuckle Painkiller, which would absolutely SLAY in a KV2^^) then try the Seymour Duncan Sh-5 Custom, Sh-6 Distortion or SH-8 Invader!

Hope that helped

Wo, thx dude !
Quote by bassman434
Well, a lot of people here will say change the amp, and i'd agree, whats your total budget? for a guitar + amp?

In total
I got 2600 $ but i'll sell my old amp to get a new one and get extra money
Yeah I should go for a amp first, but i need a guitar to play in standard in my band so ...
Quote by reclamation901
In total
I got 2600 $ but i'll sell my old amp to get a new one and get extra money
Yeah I should go for a amp first, but i need a guitar to play in standard in my band so ...

woah mothe****er! 2600 dollars, is a lot, u can do soo much LOL!

if ur willing to go used, ur options would increase loads, but buying new could be fine aswell

erm, IMO

i'd reckon getting a guitar for under $1000ish, IE schecter hellraiser/esp m/mh1000

eg

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954

this esp has got EMG's which have higher output than the JB and Jazz pups in the jacksons, its 800 which gives u a shitload of cash to get a really nice amp

for an amp, (im assuming u play metal btw here) u could get a blackstar HT series or maybe even summing from the series 1 line, u could probably even get a Mesa of some kind, or maybe even an ENGL

NOTE: ur a lucky son of a bich with that kind of budget to get gear with
juste a question , the demmelititon V is the same price of the kv5fr, but its signature ? it says that it got a original floydrose and real mother of pearl on the description, but in the spec sheet its says its a Floyd Rose® FRT 02000 double-locking 2-Point Tremolo and Moto shark fins inlays ?
The Demmelition is about the same as the KV5fr quality wise, it's just tweaked to the specs of Machine Head guitarist Phil Demmel. I dunno about the inlays but it's a real Floyd Rose on there (I guess Floyd Rose have some diffrent versions of their own tremolo systems on the market)
Quote by EyeHatePunks
The Demmelition is about the same as the KV5fr quality wise, it's just tweaked to the specs of Machine Head guitarist Phil Demmel. I dunno about the inlays but it's a real Floyd Rose on there (I guess Floyd Rose have some diffrent versions of their own tremolo systems on the market)

If its the same as the kv5fr quality wise, i'll consider it alot because my friend got the demmelition and its great, but not a big fan of emg, if it got the same feel id love to get the kv5fr, the kv2 look awsome/better but really expensive,I think im not a the point in my playing were i can buy really high end guitar like this one, and for the amp, i'll buy one after maybe another month of work, dont wanna spend ALL the rest of my cash on gear, need money for concerts !
That is up to you man but don't look back in the future and regret it because you could have gotten an even better guitar^^
Quote by EyeHatePunks
That is up to you man but don't look back in the future and regret it because you could have gotten an even better guitar^^

Oh yeah i didnt mention the facts that im builiding my own guitar in a couple of month so my really high end guitar will be the one that im gonna build :P
If you don't mind not having an AMAZING quality guitar, just go for the Kelly 5, and get a ****ing god tier tube amp
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09