Hello,

I was going to buy a pedal but then someone said to me that overdrive pedals do not really effect this amp. I need to know because I want to buy a pedal.

I play thrash/heavy metal and just need to use it to boost my solos. I don't need any volume increase just need more mids and treble and stuff like that. So basically, is this amp OK with overdrive pedals?

Thanks alot!
yep but sounds like you might need an EQ pedal too
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Well it's the bad monkey which has a 2 band EQ and is suppose to be good for it's money
try a clean boost pedal, blackstar do a good one i think...
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 and Gibson Les Paul Custom is litteraly sex in my ear!!!

"THESE AMPS GO TO 11!!!!!!!!!!"

Quote by UKMaster
Hello,

I was going to buy a pedal but then someone said to me that overdrive pedals do not really effect this amp. I need to know because I want to buy a pedal.

I play thrash/heavy metal and just need to use it to boost my solos. I don't need any volume increase just need more mids and treble and stuff like that. So basically, is this amp OK with overdrive pedals?

Thanks alot!
The gain channel on the HT-5 is pretty compressed. I found that using an OD didn't have much affect. If you are using the gain channel to play metal I doubt there will be anything left to boost.
Bad monkey is your best bet then. Good little OD unit.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
ah right good so the overdrive pedals arent too bad on the amp? If I'm gunna buy one it will probably be a bad monkey since it's the best in the price range