i had a problem with my guitar and it had to be sent back to fender to be fixed.

im just wandering how long it usually takes for the guitar to get back in this situation. its only a quick repair, and i live within a couple of hours drive of the fender uk office.
i hate to tell you this, but if it's anything like a company in america it will go like this

-you ship it out. if it's that close, it probably took a day to get there
-it arrives, and sits on fender's shelf for about 3 days
-they fix it (another day) and send it out that night
-they ship it with the slowest/cheapest damn mail carrier they can, expect another two days for it to get to you.

that's usually how it works
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
about a week, i had to send a guitar back to the distributor to change a pot that broke in half and it took about a week
well here is whats hapening to me....

when it was sent off i was told itll be around a week and i will have it back. but it took a week for them to get the guitar in the first place.

another week passed and i went into the shop who phoned fender, they told me it was the next guitar in the cue to be fixed and they would call the shop the next day, but no call, and when the shop checked up on it a few days later my guitar was still waiting to be fixed. today i went in the shop, but no guitar, so he phones them up and 'my guitar is next in line to be fixed' but no indication of when it will be back.

today is actually the day i was told i would get my guitar back, its still not fixed, but now there not saying anything.
Quote by jkielq91
well here is whats hapening to me....

when it was sent off i was told itll be around a week and i will have it back. but it took a week for them to get the guitar in the first place.

another week passed and i went into the shop who phoned fender, they told me it was the next guitar in the cue to be fixed and they would call the shop the next day, but no call, and when the shop checked up on it a few days later my guitar was still waiting to be fixed. today i went in the shop, but no guitar, so he phones them up and 'my guitar is next in line to be fixed' but no indication of when it will be back.

today is actually the day i was told i would get my guitar back, its still not fixed, but now there not saying anything.

it might pay you to send a polite e-mail to fender uk saying you've been give numerous dates of it being returned to you and on that day you've been told it's the next guitar to be fixed, and asking them why has it taken so long to fix what you believe to be a ver minor problem
Quote by britishsligean
it might pay you to send a polite e-mail to fender uk saying you've been give numerous dates of it being returned to you and on that day you've been told it's the next guitar to be fixed, and asking them why has it taken so long to fix what you believe to be a ver minor problem

yeah iv thought that, the guys in the shop are gonna start phoning every day and hassle them into doing it