hey everyone. I currently have a gibson les paul in drop D and I love it very much but I want another to tune down 1 1/2 steps (like in A perfect circle). what guitar would be great for it? I would love another gibson les paul but my current one cost around 800 bucks and I dont have that kind of money at the moment.
Quote by (sic)duckmaggot
what kind of music do you play and how much do you want to spend?

I play alot of psychodelic/progressive/experimental stuff.

and my budget isnt to graceful. Im sure I will have more in the future. Im shooting for a les paul but if im not able to afford it that I want a back up.
Quote by curiousjoe
I play alot of psychodelic/progressive/experimental stuff.

and my budget isnt to graceful. Im sure I will have more in the future. Im shooting for a les paul but if im not able to afford it that I want a back up.

if you tell us how much you're prepared to spend then we can suggest some guitars
I recommend looking into something with a 25.5" scale. Detuning on a 24.75" scale can get a bit floppy unless you go with thicker strings.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Quote by rooster456
Get an Agile and just set it up.

Yeah I'd go with this. You'll get a pretty decent LP style guitar for $300, $400.

Unless you wanted to go with something that had a 25.5" scale, then you'd probably want to look at Schecter or look for a different body shape.

For C# Standard on a 25.5" scale I would suggest Jim Dunlop Heavy Core .10's or custom lights and .11's on a 24.75" scale.