I received a guitar from my old French teacher.
She had it in the attic and only played it a couple of times.

It's an acoustic Musima from 1967!
The size is 3/4 so it was a beginners guitar for kids.

She is willing to sell it to me but doesn't know what it would be worth.
There are some scratches on the surface but it sounds ok.

I've heard Musima isn't such a good brand but it's from 1967!
So it has to be pretty rare right?
It even has a strap with flowers on it

Could someone help me figure out a good price?
Don't say ' just tell her that it's worth nothing'
I want to know how much that guitar is worth
Probably is worth nothing. An 'old' bad guitar is still a bad guitar. I don't know much about the brand, but it seems like you do - to an extent, so it's probably worthless.
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.
The guitar needs to be desirable. Just because it's old, doesn't make it desirable. It's a less than full size guitar that was designed for a kid to use, so not the best guitar in the world. To obtain the real price, you'd need to consult with someone who evaluates these things. They could give you the true price. Personally, if it's been exposed to the elements in the attic, is dried out and is less than desirable, the value just isn't there. Offer her $25 for it.
Like everyone else has said, it won't be worth much.

The guitars that go up in value with age, are the ones that were already wonderful guitars when they were brand new. Brands such as Martin, Gibson, Fender, etc. Those are all brands that tend to increase in value as time goes on, if it is still in good condition of course. But there are even instances of those brands losing value over time, if it was a model that wasn't particularly sought after.

About the only thing the age adds to the guitar, is the ability to say that you are playing a vintage guitar. At least in some sense of the word, however misleading it might be.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
thanks for the answers!
I think i'll offer her 25$ for it

And I could compare guitars to wine?
The good ones are more valuable when they're older
Most probably made in DDR(GDR for English)-not the best recommendation.I think 25$ is too much for this,lol.
Only best wines get better with age.Even that-super old and most expensive are just collectibles,you wouldn't want to drink it.
Last edited by B86 at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by toine
thanks for the answers!
I think i'll offer her 25$ for it

And I could compare guitars to wine?
The good ones are more valuable when they're older

Perfect example. A fine wine gets better with age and becomes more valuable, while bad ones do neither.
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.
Do not be offput by the opinions of children, who know nothing about musima. The luthier "c.f martin "who started martin guitars ,used to make musima guitars with his family, before he moved from germany to start martin guitars. Although the brand name wasnt the best, the luthiers who made them were the best in the world. SO esentialy you have yourself a classical guitar developed by the finest guitar craftsmanship in the world, although probably not made by the martin family, im sure the way of making them they developed,continued on.
Last edited by stringflinger at Jan 10, 2014,
Wow! I have owned a Musima classical guitar since 1977 (a great guitar, btw), and since 2003 have had an HD28 Martin. I love both, but never knew they were actually relatives! Thanks for the tip!

Quote by stringflinger
Do not be offput by the opinions of children, who know nothing about musima. The luthier "c.f martin "who started martin guitars ,used to make musima guitars with his family, before he moved from germany to start martin guitars. Although the brand name wasnt the best, the luthiers who made them were the best in the world. SO esentialy you have yourself a classical guitar developed by the finest guitar craftsmanship in the world, although probably not made by the martin family, im sure the way of making them they developed,continued on.
You say it's a 3/4 size beginners guitar so that probably means it is low quality to begin with. It's been stored in the attic for who knows how long... ungood. I'm gonna assume that it's also laminate and laminate in 1967 isn't nearly as good as laminate made today. I've seen laminate guitars from the 60's and 70's that are peeling apart. However if it's in good shape, plays well and sounds OK; then it is worth something. I think $25 is a generous offer and it does have a cool strap. LOL Like they say on Pawn Stars "Just because something is old, that doesn't mean it's valuable".