from the title, this seems to be an obvious yes, as i have seen many people do it

but i just wanna be clear with two issues...

1) there won't be any big issues because the pick up pole piece dimension is wider on gibson guitars compared to fender guitars, right? I mean, when i asked people about the difference between duncan SH and TBs or dimarzio regular and F spaced pickups, they told me that the pole piece distance is the reason, but it really doesn't matter too much.

2) more important question... mine is a MIM standard fender strat, and it seems that it can fit a humbucker (the cavity is HSH config). however, I've heard from time to time that I'll need to make the cavity bigger because some humbuckers have long mounting legs and the strat's cavity just isn't deep enough...

thanks in advance for any help and/or advices
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
It should be fine, just get a pickguard that has humbucker sized hole(s).

Also another thing to consider: If you're using a humbucker, you may want to use 500K pots. Strats use 250K. It's really just a tonal preference thing, and you can use either for either kind of pickup, but pretty much every humbucker is wired using a 500K.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
thanks, and i already have 500K pots in em because right now i have single sized humbuckers in (500K pots were recommended for these specific pick ups by Dimarzio)
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Oh, then you should be pretty set then. Just get an appropriate pickguard, pop them in and solder them up.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X