Page 1 of 2
Currently Getting A Custom Musicman Axis/Wolfgang Style Guitar Done By Scott Fletcher At [www.jetcityguitar.net

The Specs So Far Will Be

The Specs So Far Will Be

1 Piece BlackKorina Body
1 Piece Flamed Maple Top
Natural Masked Binding
4 Bolt Recessed Neckplate
Contoured Heel
Tummy Cut
Faded Denim Finish

Quartersawn Maple Neck
Birdseye Maple Fingerboard
Black Dot Markers
2 Way Wheel Adjustable Truss Rod At Heel
Reinforcement Rods

Jet City Headstock

22 Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets
10" - 16" Compound Radius
25.5" Scale
.830 Wolfgang Contour

42mm Bone Nut

Chrome Hardware
Hipshot Non-locking Tuners
Hipshot Hardtail Bridge
Dunlop Strap Buttons

Hard Mount, Jet City "Ball Buster" Humbuckers

5 Way Switch
Bourns Pots - 2 Vol, Neck Tone
Old Stock Bumblebee Cap

Hardshell Case

Will Post More Updates As They Come.
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
Last edited by Beffyyy at Dec 20, 2010,
Here Is The Beautiful 1 Piece Maple Top That Scott Will Be Using

ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
That's a delicious looking flame on that maple.

Wish the damn stuff wasn't do expensive. A decent flamed or quilted maple board on eBay runs like $150 The 5A bookmatched stuff is like $300.
Quote by Seref
That's a delicious looking flame on that maple.

Wish the damn stuff wasn't do expensive. A decent flamed or quilted maple board on eBay runs like $150 The 5A bookmatched stuff is like $300.

Your doing it wrong man, go to a lumberyard. 30-50$

Ts, looking forward to more progress pics.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
Your doing it wrong man, go to a lumberyard. 30-50$

I did. I went to small family-run one and a large-scale industrial one. Neither had

The small one had some nice exotic stuff though :P
825 to build a guitar? Is that you budget seref? I built my neckthrough guitar out of maple and walnut with an ebony fingerboard for 250. 200 for hardware 50 for wood.
Quote by lil PopTart kid
825 to build a guitar? Is that you budget seref? I built my neckthrough guitar out of maple and walnut with an ebony fingerboard for 250. 200 for hardware 50 for wood.

this, i bought enough wood to make 3 tapper guitars (uses about twice as much wood as a normal one), and two other guitars about 2 other necks all for about $150.

and it was good stuff to, very nice maple, lacewood, zebrawood, lots of gorgeous walnut, etc.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I'm building it as the guitar to last me a lifetime. it's going too be my gigging guitar and has to be highest quality I can get.

I'm having a neck custom built 'cause I don't have the tools to make it. As long as I'm doing that I'm using exotic woods.

Neck is going to be Wenge with maple and bloodwood laminates, ebony fingerboard, gold colored frets.

Basically my estimates are running like this:

Neck: $350
Pickups: $300 (getting some Rock Monkey Pickups, might be getting a slightly customized wind)
Body & Top Woods: $100-$130 (Honduran Mahogany/ figured maple top)
Bridge: $50-$100
Tuners: $50-75
All Else: ~$40

Comes out to roughly $800 if I scrape the lower estimates. Buying on ebay when I can/when I find a good deal. It'll end up being more 'cause I'll need to pay for shipping on the bridge, tuners, neck, nut, and electronics. Also my estimates don't account for wood stains, clear coat, wood glue, planing costs, and if I need to buy any tools.

I realize the wood budget seems a little steep, but It's $15 per board foot of Mahogany here. It's gonna run me to like $50 for the body wood alone, and I can't find any quilted or flamed maple locally.

I could easily spend more. A piezo bridge would be awesome. A brass or bone nut would be awesome.
Last edited by Seref at Sep 6, 2010,
Here's one of Scotts other pieces that has just came from finsish:

Should have pics of mine very soon
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Last edited by Beffyyy at Sep 21, 2010,
Quote by Beffyyy
Here Is The Beautiful 1 Piece Maple Top That Scott Will Be Using

That is a great looking piece of wood.
Here are some pre sanding pics with the top and body together:

Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Some Better Quality Shots Of The The Guitar, It's Coming Along Quite Nicely:

Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
What's the tape for?
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Quote by Tone Deaf
What's the tape for?

Possibly drilling for a strap lock hole?

and both that maple and korina is gorgeous.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by Tone Deaf
What's the tape for?

I'm having the horn cut back so its more like a single cut/ axis
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Ah, I thought that might be it. Anyways, looks gorgeous. Keep the pics coming.
-Edgar Degas
Upper Horn Now Cut:

Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
A Little Teaser Of Some Of The Other Unique Tops Scott Uses :

Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
The Guitar is Now In Finish, Expect More Pictures In A Couple Of Weeks
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Fresh Out Of Finish

Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
That's... beautiful. Not a big fan of the seafoam greenblueish colors usually, but I creamed my pants looking at the back of that guitar.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Hawtdamn, that is a lovely finish. Can't wait to see it finished.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Love the finish (front and back).
-Edgar Degas
Wow, that's beautiful!

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Delicious John! looking ****ing ace I look forward to hearing some shredding on that beauty when its all wired and set up!!
'Mo Onions'
is the binding painted on or is it timber binding??? how long did it take him and how much my guitar tech is breaking my balls, i supplied all the timber n parts from a-z also gave him a massive over sized rare peice of black wood for free because i had two probly worth 400 buks and he still has not made it has been 4 months and he hasn"t even provided me in process pictures like you're tech did, lol nice guitar tho
Quote by killsforjune
is the binding painted on or is it timber binding??? how long did it take him and how much my guitar tech is breaking my balls, i supplied all the timber n parts from a-z also gave him a massive over sized rare peice of black wood for free because i had two probly worth 400 buks and he still has not made it has been 4 months and he hasn"t even provided me in process pictures like you're tech did, lol nice guitar tho

Hi

Its natural masked binding so a lack of paint arround the edge shows off the wood underneath. I ordered the build in september and it has just came out of the finish shop. I was told the finishing process is the longest. I don't know if your tech is taking the piss, does he have a build queue before yours ? has he explained why its taken so long ? does he do everything by hand, or run cnc programs ?
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Guitar Finished And Waiting To Be Shipped

Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
at that gif
and on topic, that guitar is gorgeousss, though i dont like the look of the pickups, or the pot's. but that neck, and that body! man you so luckkyyy
Quote by Doonan
at that gif
and on topic, that guitar is gorgeousss, though i dont like the look of the pickups, or the pot's. but that neck, and that body! man you so luckkyyy

I'll probably replace the knovs and tuner buttons at some point when i see some that i really like, maybe some chrome q knobs with blue inserts.
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Quote by Beffyyy
I'll probably replace the knovs and tuner buttons at some point when i see some that i really like, maybe some chrome q knobs with blue inserts.

oh good i really didnt like those knobs lol. absolutely slammin guitar though
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
The Guitar Is In The UK. Just Hope Customs Don't Mess Me Around Too Much
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Page 1 of 2