they still sound like mega shit to me. i've never liked em though. if you want a hot rod just get a hughes and kettner statesman 6l6.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Darkflame

however, it'd be hard to make the gain worse, sincerely, so it's pretty easy to say they've improved it

+ infinity EDIT: sigged
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 6, 2010,
To be honest the gain does sound like it's been improved quite a lot to me, but it's still messy and noisy and abit crap.

I've always been impressed by the cleans of these though.

I also like the way they've taken away that stupid mirrored control plate.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
That low end is just shitty fuzzy buzzy crap.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by beckyjc
I always thought the hot rods gain sounded fine, for low gain bluesy stuff anyway.

Donotunderstandthehate.

Will like to try one though.

well i mean i got a vaguely usable tone by dialling the gain way back, but my problem was always that the od channels had a really loose, vintage voicing (part of that was the speaker), but quite a lot of gain. So, you couldn't really dial in a small enough amount of gain to get a vintage tone, but the tone was way too loose for the amount of gain you could dial in. Worst of both worlds, kind of thing.

TL;DR: Can't bring teh br00tz
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm... From the looks of it it looks exactly like the old one. I like to be able to decipher whether the amp is new or not. Like the way the new MG has a giant MG sticker thing on it. Now I can tell its the new one. Hmm oh well.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
If you like loose gain they can work for some stuff. My Supersonic is better but not really much. Didn't try the new one yet though.

Holy crap they put the prices up. My amp is MRSP $1900 now. Not worth it really IMO. Worth about $800 maybe, but never using the burn channel, not really even that.
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by FuzzLove
To be honest the gain does sound like it's been improved quite a lot to me, but it's still messy and noisy and abit crap.

I've always been impressed by the cleans of these though.

I also like the way they've taken away that stupid mirrored control plate.

Awww...I loved the mirrored control plate, it gives the amp a more classic look~
Gear

Fender American standard ash Telecaster
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Fender American FSR Chambered Telecaster
Fender HH FMT Telecaster

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40w Amp