Sup guys, haven't posted in a while.

I was just thinking - I turn 18 next month and there'll be an 18th birthday party for me and all that sort of stuff, and I was thinking about drinking alcohol with your parents around... Maybe it's just me being young and not having drank with them before, but I'd think it would be kinda strange.

I mean, I wouldn't have wanted my parents to see the way me and the lads act when we went to parties and stuff before, and I'm wondering would I be able to enjoy myself as much? They know I drink underage, but still, I feel kinda weird about it for some reason

Any stories or experiences? When was the first time you drank with your parents? How was it?

PS: I'm still going to get plastered, regardless of my parent's presence, don't worry,
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Gotta love Denmark, where you have to be under the age of 16 to drink underage...
Gear:
Buffet E13 Clarinet in Bb.
Canon 40D, Sigma 35 mm f/1.4 Art, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 L IS USM macro, Tamron 17-50 2.8, 50 mm 1.8.
Flickr
I'm 18 and the drinking age here is 21, but I still drink with my dad pretty frequently. I don't get plastered with him or anything, but it's fun to hang out and have a couple beers.

My dad isn't really the 'get smashed' type.
I thought it would be weird too at my party last year, but it turned out to be great fun. All of my friends still comment on how cool my parents behaved at the party. They didn't mind the drunk bunch of idiots at all.
i smoked pot with my dad a couple times before, pretty chill, don't know about drinking
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
I drink with my mam and dad all the time *shrugs shoulders*
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
My parents/direct family and very conservative and believe drinking is a sin. My real dad and his parents are very much the opposite and normally give me a few beers or wine with dinner etc. It's not embarrassing so long as your not light

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by vulcan422
i smoked pot with my dad a couple times before, pretty chill, don't know about drinking

That's the thing, I intend to be smoking on with the lads aswell, but that'll be out of sight. Also, I'm known to be a pretty... intense.. drunk

Not a lightweight, I'd usually have about 8-12 pints before hitting the brick wall, although I've been known to go further with hilarious side-effects (such as biting through a bowl of fruit and opening beer bottles off a wooden table)
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Sep 6, 2010,
My first time getting drunk was with both my parents at Christmas eve dinner in the Dominican Republic. It was epic, my dad eventually went on to get very drunk and he saw me smoking cigarettes and cigars. It wasn't awkward at all; probably cause I was smashed.

I smoke weed around my parents (just leave and go to the park) and it's a little strange.
Last edited by Clunis at Sep 6, 2010,
When you take the first sip of your beer or whatever, remember to exclaim "So THIS is what beer tastes like!" and act surprised.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
When you take the first sip of your beer or whatever, remember to exclaim "So THIS is what beer tastes like!" and act surprised.

Haha Nah I had a few beers at my 16th birthday party, but I didn't get drunk.
Bertolt Bretcht

Had my 18th recently at my house with parents around. Best party I've had. I've been drunk with my parents before let alone just with them around, it really isn't that weird.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
I've gotten drunk with my folks before, it's a laugh.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
My dad would kill me if he found out about me drinking. The first time I got drunk was with my nana, though. Totally didn't think she'd let me get that margarita, but after she had one she even encouraged me to buy a bottle of Kahlua. Mexico is awesome.
Have a glass of wine with mother every christmas. Jolly good.
It's gonna be a blue day
It is, until you actually do it. Then you're like, "I fucking love my parents."

I had an awesome 18th birthday. Also, you feeling misgivings is a sign that you're still a good kid.
Last edited by btones at Sep 6, 2010,
I drank at my house with mates before going out on my 18th. Was pretty awkward...
Trust in me and fall aswell.
Quote by btones
It is, until you actually do it. Then you're like, "I fucking love my parents."

I had an awesome 18th birthday. Also, you feeling misgivings is a sign that you're still a good kid.

Aw, thanks

I may drink like a fish and do drugs but I still have my feet on solid ground, I like to think
Bertolt Bretcht

I went for a drink with my Dad for my 18th (not on the day) and it was awesome! I've drunk with my dad a few times and it's been awesome every time
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I smoke weed with my parents, aunts & uncles and even my grandparents.

there is nothing awkward about it to me.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
It depends on your parents, they don't mind me getting drunk, i am 20 now but they didn't mind back when i turned 18 either, but then again, my dad drinks and comes home drunk every week or so, and my mum doesn't drink as much as she used to, but they are both fairly laid back about it as long as i don't go to excessive levels.

Just enjoy yourself, its your birthday and i doubt they will call you out on having some fun with your mates, as long as you don't act like an arsehole or throw up or something, then you will be fine.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I drink with my parents very often. It's awesome because I wont have to pay for beer! I get a different kind of drunk with them compared to how I become when I'm out with my mates tho.
I hardly ever drink with my family, I just don't see much point to be honest. Who are you trying to impress?! Your Cousin?

Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
i've gotten drunk and stoned with my dad and my uncle, its no big deal. plus my dad pays for it so its all good.
you are what you is
Quote by KirkMetallica
Aw, thanks

I may drink like a fish and do drugs but I still have my feet on solid ground, I like to think

damn straight, now go kill yourself a hooker birthday boy
Quote by btones
damn straight, now go kill yourself a hooker birthday boy

*Opens packet of Shamwow*

Off I go.
Bertolt Bretcht

Just wait till you are comfortable. If you aren't comfortable, then you wont enjoy it and it will kill your buzz.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

I've never got really drunk with my parents. I've had a few beers with them and that, but never anything substational. However, I have staggered home plastered and someones been up still and they just laugh at me.

On the other hand, four of us were round a mates house a week or two ago chilling with his parents sinking vodka and tequilla shots. Then his parents told us about them playing strip poker and I nearly died laughing.
Quote by KirkMetallica

I mean, I wouldn't have wanted my parents to see the way me and the lads act when we went to parties and stuff before, and I'm wondering would I be able to enjoy myself as much? They know I drink underage, but still, I feel kinda weird about it for some reason

My parents are divorced, I'm fine drinking around my dad, the band and I played a festival and stayed there, drank and smoked a cigar and he was cool.

But with regards to the quote, this is the exact situation with my mum. I don't like drinking around my mum or her knowing that I do. It's awkward.
I used to go drinking with my mum and dad when I was underaged (15-16 ish) after the rugby and stuff, was good fun, still do it occasionally but nowadays I can get involed more and have a laugh. It also stopped me becoming a nobhead in the future when it comes to nightouts . Teaches you about moderation and all that.....and its free
But more OT, my parents were at my 18th where loads of us got smashed in a club we hired for the night and they didn't mind. Birthdays and all that, buying me drinkings. Good fun.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
I think it's okay if it's casual, far from plastered-level drinking. My dad's been offering me alcohol at dinner (in seriousness) for the past five years or so . I only have a beer here and there socially, however, I haven't had much of an opportunity (or time, or even the luxury) to get blackout drunk yet.

Doing drugs (no matter how hard or soft) with your parents, however, has always struck me as irreconcilably weird. I just can't seem to come up with a winning scenario for that one .
I've drank around my mom, but I've never gotten shitfaced with her. Although she did come to my house when I was fuckin' gone one night. I don't remember it, but she does.