Okay I was looking at Yamaha Pacifica's, and I saw a Yamaha 112VM and a Yamaha 112V, but the 112VM was cheaper. I like the look of the 112VM better but I don't know if the lower price will effect the sound or not. What's the difference?

Here's the guitars:

112V: http://guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=07090413411029

112VM: http://guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=09090915014828
the 11VM has a maple fretboard.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'd get the 112V, as the other is out of stock.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Quote by steven seagull

On the website it say's they both have maple necks *confused*
Quote by Kiery

The 112V has a maple neck but rosewood fretboard.

The 112VM has a maple neck and maple fretboard.

The fretboard is the bit that the frets are attached to, which in turn is attached to the neck.
Quote by Kiery

that's the main wood in the construction, but the fret board tends to be a different material, the main differences between the 2 are the colour of the hardware, pickguard, body, and different fret board material
Quote by Kiery

Quote by steven seagull

Quote by steven seagull
a maple fretboard.

Quote by steven seagull
maple fretboard.

Quote by steven seagull
fretboard

Just had to.
Quote by mishax92
The 112V has a maple neck but rosewood fretboard.

The 112VM has a maple neck and maple fretboard.

The fretboard is the bit that the frets are attached to, which in turn is attached to the neck.

Whoops. read it wrong. It says they both have maple necks AND rosewood fretboards.

Its wrong then?
Quote by kacper_j
Just had to.

I LOL'd, but that was just mean. meanie.
Quote by britishsligean
that's the main wood in the construction, but the fret board tends to be a different material, the main differences between the 2 are the colour of the hardware, pickguard, body, and different fret board material

I like the different colours, but I'm guessing maple isn't the best type of wood for a fretboard. but it does say on the website they both have rosewood fretboards. LIARS.
Quote by kacper_j
Sorry

I'll leave now

P.S. Get the 112VM

I'm tempted to, cos it's so SEXY, but Maple fretboard? I don't know if thats good or not
Quote by Kiery
I like the different colours, but I'm guessing maple isn't the best type of wood for a fretboard. but it does say on the website they both have rosewood fretboards. LIARS.

Maple is a perfectly good wood for fretboards! Otherwise, why would they bother?

I personally find maples to feel a bit softer, and occasionally on thick varnished fretboards a little sticky almost when on stage, with lights beaming down on the guitar etc. However, when finished well, maples can feel incredibly sexy. If you get a chance, try before you buy.
Quote by mishax92
Maple is a perfectly good wood for fretboards! Otherwise, why would they bother?

I personally find maples to feel a bit softer, and occasionally on thick varnished fretboards a little sticky almost when on stage, with lights beaming down on the guitar etc. However, when finished well, maples can feel incredibly sexy. If you get a chance, try before you buy.

You may have convinced me won't be getting it for a few months so I may as well try it out
Quote by Kiery
I'm tempted to, cos it's so SEXY, but Maple fretboard? I don't know if thats good or not

Both have good and bad points, try before you buy and if you can't, go for the better looking one as the difference in fretboard wood isn't that important IMO.
Quote by kacper_j
Both have good and bad points, try before you buy and if you can't, go for the better looking one as the difference in fretboard wood isn't that important IMO.

Better looking and cheaper I will have to try it out first I think if i get the chance