I'm looking to build my first guitar, but don't want to start from scratch quite yet. So, I'm looking for a really good kit to start me off. Kinda want to build a Mockingbird, but the only one I know of is the GFS kit. Anyone know of a higher quality one for a reasonable price?
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Get a Unfinished body from WARMOTH.com. Then buy the parts by shopping online and get what you want on it. I would also recommmend the Warmoth necks. Awesome and you get the shape you want. They have several body styles and also blanks

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
USACG is a great alternative to Warmoth. Depending on what you're looking for they can be cheaper or provide better options. Check the web deals section for sure.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Can you order a custom body from either of them? As far as I can see, neither one of them offers a Mockingbird body.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Email the companies and ask them.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
a quick search would have turned up the MANY threads we get about this very topic.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?

between those threads and the essential links sticky/resource thread, you have all the info you need.

do not remake this thread.