Hey UG

My Dad just gave me his very lovely sounding Marshall JMP Head.

It's truly amazing, but I need a cab for it, as all I have is two Marshall PA speakers. They work perfectly, but they're not ideal.

My ideal would be a single Marshall Angled Cab, but with wheels.

I definitely want a Marshall Cab, and wheels are vital, as I would be moving it a fair bit.

I only know of 1, which is the Marshall 1960a, but they're about £470, which I don't really want to pay out for just one cab. Are there any other I can look into, I know they're all expensive, but i would like a cheaper one.

Any help welcomed, but help like, don't get a Marshall cab, isn't very welcome.

Thanks.
ParasiticTwins wrote:

Words cannot describe how excited i am... but 'not' probably sums it up best.
And why is a Marshall cab so important? It's all very well saying 'I know I want a Marshall cab', but without good reason this will just be ignored.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
I don't know a great deal about Marshall's cabs to be honest.

All I know is that you should stay away from the MG and MA series cabs.
If you don't want to spend that much on a 1960, I don't know what to suggest.

You could also consider a Marshall 2x12.

But Marshalls don't actually make girls take the knickers off.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Blimey, immediatly posts saying what i said wasn't welcomed. I have a Marshall head... So therefore I want a Marshall Cab. It's not really very hard to understand, it's just my personal preference. If you have a better suggestion then go ahead and suggest it, but I will probably ignore it.

Now, does anybody know of any other MARSHALL angled cabs with wheels? Price isn't that important, but I would like to know a range of them to see which I prefer.
ParasiticTwins wrote:

Last edited by Metal_Militian at Sep 6, 2010,
Option 1:

Get used 1960

Option 2:

Get used or new Avatar cab and stick a Marshall logo on the front to get teh maximal pusseh......not really
Well I have a Fender and an Orange head, yet I use a Mesa and a Crate cab, so I fail to see the logic here
Marshall cabs aren't that good IMO, especially since they're loaded with g12t-75s, and I like vintage 30s better (hence the mesa)
Who cares what it's written on it, it's the sound that matters
And as far as I know, the 1960 would be the go-to cab if you went Marshall, or the 1936 if you want a 2x12, but probably not since it's not as flashy, right?
my experience with marshall 1960as is that they never quite bring out the best in a head, bit weak and very light

so i bought a blackstar artisan 4x12 for 400 second hand and well... it blew the marshall out of the water

1960as aren't very good, so i suggest you look elsewhere, maybe orange? they work well with marshalls, they're roughly the same price and they're hella better
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

tu-2>>FZ-2>MXR Flanger>Ph-8>Line 6 FM-4>DD-6

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
Thanks for helping........ This isn't about being flashy. This isn't about wanting the best thing out there, or wanting to get girls. (I can do that fine thanks.) This is about wanting to complete my Marshall Head with a nice Marshall cab, I don't care what model so ignore the 1960. All i want is an ANGLED MARSHALL with WHEELS. Does anybody serious and helpful know of the Marshall cabs that have wheels as well as being angled???
ParasiticTwins wrote:

Quote by jetwash69
Got my 1960A used for $369.

Good luck with the shipping costs sending that thing over the Atlantic

EDIT:
Quote by Metal_Militian
Thanks for helping........ This isn't about being flashy. This isn't about wanting the best thing out there, or wanting to get girls. (I can do that fine thanks.) This is about wanting to complete my Marshall Head with a nice Marshall cab, I don't care what model so ignore the 1960. All i want is an ANGLED MARSHALL with WHEELS. Does anybody serious and helpful know of the Marshall cabs that have wheels as well as being angled???

Surely you want the best for your money though? I don't see why the name on the front should make any difference unless it's for looks. Wouldn't you prefer something that sounds better for the price rather than a logo?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Last edited by loonyguitarist at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by TMF128
If you have a high budget, get this:

http://millsacoustics.com/412A.html

Otherwise, just get a used 1960A cab.

That dosn't say Marshall on it. You could tipex it on though.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall/~guitar_amplifiers

There is a list of Marshall cabs (amoungst amps), I would reccmmend that you spend your money on something better though.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall/~guitar_amplifiers

There is a list of Marshall cabs (amoungst amps), I would reccmmend that you spend your money on something better though.

Another good list here:
http://www.dv247.com/search/3827/1954/ProductPrice/Ascending/-/1/
Quote by Liberation
Well since you obviously don't care about what your amp sounds like, and you aren't willing to spend the money for that anyway, then the obvious choice should be a Marshall MG 412, right? You get a cab that says Marshall, and you don't need to break the bank doing it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Well since you obviously don't care about what your amp sounds like, and you aren't willing to spend the money for that anyway, then the obvious choice should be a Marshall MG 412, right? You get a cab that says Marshall, and you don't need to break the bank doing it.

That. If all that matters is that it says Marshall and that it's slant, MG or AVT (if they make AVT slants). Both will be cheap and will say Marshall in the middle.
IMO, if you need it to be a marshall cab, the best thing is to save up for a 1960, otherwise you'll probably just regret spending a bunch of money on an inferior(MG or AVT) cab when you could've saved up for a pretty good one(1960).
My gear:
Ibanez RG 570 w. Irongear pickups
Tokai EX-55 Korina Explorer
Laney VC50 w. Eminence speakers
Digitech Bad Monkey
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
ISP Decimator
Roland Cube 20X
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Quote by drewfromutah
Ignore the people who bash the 1960A cab. I love mine, even with a Rectifier. Go for it.

Its not a bad cab, but there are better cabs in the price range if you were going to buy one new.
I saw one for 300 last month. Was tempted to buy it.
Installing casters(wheels) is a very easy and simle thing to do. Providing you have a power drill.

I was going to link you to some Marshall casters, but Tubesandmore.com doesn't allow you to link to a specific product.
They're relatively inexpensive. I'd go for the non-Marshall brand ones though.
Marshall caster is $18 while no-name is $5. There may be a tiny quality difference, but not by that much.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
I saw one for 300 last month. Was tempted to buy it.
Installing casters(wheels) is a very easy and simle thing to do. Providing you have a power drill.

I was going to link you to some Marshall casters, but Tubesandmore.com doesn't allow you to link to a specific product.
They're relatively inexpensive. I'd go for the non-Marshall brand ones though.
Marshall caster is $18 while no-name is $5. There may be a tiny quality difference, but not by that much.

Do the Marshall casters say Marshall on them?

I was thinking of putting some wheels on my amp, but I thought that it might decrease it's value if I want to sell it or something.

As far as 1960 cabs go, I've only played one once, it sounded OK, heard much better cabs though.
Quote by FuzzLove

I was thinking of putting some wheels on my amp, but I thought that it might decrease it's value if I want to sell it or something..

I've thought about that as well, but it's really no issue if you just take a portable version of one of these around with you. As long as you shove a Marshall sticker on it or something

But really, MG 412 seems to be exactly what you're looking for.
Quote by FuzzLove
Do the Marshall casters say Marshall on them?

I was thinking of putting some wheels on my amp, but I thought that it might decrease it's value if I want to sell it or something.

As far as 1960 cabs go, I've only played one once, it sounded OK, heard much better cabs though.

Nope. They don't. I guess you're really paying for the "Marshall" style.

I was considering putting casters on my amp as well. Decided not to. I'd rather not ruin a piece of history.
if you want a marshall, just get a 1960. there's no other real option, besides an MG cab which is a terrible terrible choice.

just search around for a used 1960
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
ts, i understand, you want a marshall stack. i really did at one point too. but the only way youre getting one that doesnt sound bad is the 1960a, and honestly youd be better off with certain others in that price range which are better. ALOT of what you pay for marshalls is the name. on your budget, look for something else, or get an MG or something and not sound as good. but its your money, your call. were just trying to help you get the best bang for your buck.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
I'm pretty sure the MG cabs have wheels on them. That being said, you could probably just stick the cable up some hobos arse and get nicer sounds.
Yeah, the TS is stupid, let him waist his money just to get a marshall MG 4x12 Cab, when a senseble person would've gotten a Avatar 2x12 or something, because there smart.
Hey, while you at it, your amp is gonna sound bad through that thing, so who cares, the Marshall MG head has Crushing distortion, Zakk Wylde uses it, so It's great, and there are no tubes to change!!!! So it's all good!
Obviously you don't care about the sound, so why don't you just go for it!

You seem to like neglecting peoples honest opinions, so there's mine!!

So why don't you just get a MG Full Stack?
You have a full stack with crushing Marshall distortion!
Ignore the others, there jealous they don't have a MG, And if you had a full stack, you'd be SOO COOL!
So sell your head and get the stacks.
The really old MG Cabs are decent. I used to play on one every Thursday at the practice space. The MG heads(Old ones) are alright in my opinion.
If you give the head a chance, it's not bad. The old ones I mean. The new ones are absolute shit. Zack Wylde is a sellout. I would never put my name on an amp like the MG.
Quote by loonyguitarist
Good luck with the shipping costs sending that thing over the Atlantic

My only shipping cost was having to do the 180 mile round trip the next day in my pickup truck ($3.00/gal x 15 mpg, you do the math), since only the head would fit in my Mustang.

Since then I bought a $2K trailer to haul the half-stack and the drums around without worrying about them getting rained on. Guess that's cheaper than buying an SUV or van, though.

Anyway, here's some info that might be useful to the TS, in case he didn't know it yet, and no one else mentioned it...

The 1960A is a full-size cab. If your amp head is as big as my JVM-410, the sides will hang over the edges of an MG cab and many of the other Marshall 4x12 cabs, since they're much smaller. IMHO that looks goofy as hell. Also, most of the other cabs won't have the white piping, so they won't have that "Marshall style" you're probably looking for...
Quote by jetwash69
The 1960A is a full-size cab. If your amp head is as big as my JVM-410, the sides will hang over the edges of an MG cab and many of the other Marshall 4x12 cabs, since they're much smaller. IMHO that looks goofy as hell. Also, most of the other cabs won't have the white piping, so they won't have that "Marshall style" you're probably looking for...

+1

TS you want the typical marshall look and feel you're only gonna get that from the 1960. The only way to get a 1960 is to pay for it. In that price range there are better cabs... see this can go on and on

If there is any other reason why you want a marshall cab, other than it saying and looking like a marshall, please let us know. If thats the only reason why, then son, you have some growing up to do...
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

buy a used marshall 1960, no other new marshall cab will come anywhere near close to it.only if you insist it to be a marshall.
just thought you should know that cab is voiced for a jcm 900 (someone correct me if thats wrong)
rather than your JMP so it may be totally off if you want to get that slightly overdriven sound

btw if you do decide that marshall isn't the only option then i would STAY AWAY
from cabs with v30s.... there voiced for modern metal/ hardrock and probably going to sound awful with a nice vintage amp
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
If you really want a Marshall cab for your JMP, why not look used? You could probably pull a 1960 from the '80s on that budget.

Also you could easily get something like a Framus or a Zilla cabinet and stick a Marshall logo on there, and no one would be the wiser.

I don't see why you need to get mad as hell about this, really. Marshall cabs, in spite of what you would want to believe, are not the tip-top of the line (aside from their vintage cabs which are pretty nice) and you really can do better than them, and saying you would sacrifice sound quality for a matching cab is just stupid. You can always buy a Marshall logo on eBay, get a better cab, and stick it on there, problem solved.

Anyway, I don't believe the 1960s come stock with casters. If you do end up buying a 1960 you'd have to get them separately and install yourself.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by Metal_Militian

TS is freakin out. If you're deadset on getting marshall cab, just save up a little bit more and get one used.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by josh_salty
buy a used marshall 1960, no other new marshall cab will come anywhere near close to it.only if you insist it to be a marshall.
just thought you should know that cab is voiced for a jcm 900 (someone correct me if thats wrong)
rather than your JMP so it may be totally off if you want to get that slightly overdriven sound

btw if you do decide that marshall isn't the only option then i would STAY AWAY
from cabs with v30s.... there voiced for modern metal/ hardrock and probably going to sound awful with a nice vintage amp

The 1960 was designed back in the mid-late 60s. Way before the JCM900. No concern was really given to "voicing" it to match any amps. They just made a box big enough to fit 4 speakers in and sound decent. The design is pretty much unchanged other than cosmetics and materials used. The originals used a plywood back while they changed to MDF sometime in the mid-late 70s. The handles and the like were all more durable as well.

And I strongly disagree with your description of the V30s. They were created long before modern metal was created. The original purpose was to make a ceramic version of the Alnico Blue but they failed miserably. They do make a decent all around speaker though. Not great at anything but good with everything. If you're looking for versatility they're a nice choice.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Maybe look at a Harley Benton 412 on Thomann, buy a Marshall logo for it (Should sell them on Thomann too), take off the HB logo and stick on the Marshall one?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Bugera 412 Cab, it's angeled, it's got wheels(kinda, only one set on one side, but they're wheels), Sounds terrific considering it's price, it's $250 USD

Marhsall is Overrated, if you hadn't gotten that head for free I'd tell you go go for a Bugera 333xl, pure epic win.
Worrying about killing resale value by sticking casters on the cab is silly. You can always take them off, and you're left with a few small unnoticeable holes in THE BOTTOM OF THE CAB.
Last edited by 667 at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by andrew.whocares
Bugera 412 Cab, it's angeled, it's got wheels(kinda, only one set on one side, but they're wheels), Sounds terrific considering it's price, it's $250 USD

Marhsall is Overrated, if you hadn't gotten that head for free I'd tell you go go for a Bugera 333xl, pure epic win.

lol

The Bugera cabs are pretty bad. The 333XL is a decent amp but a completely different sound than the JMP. So STFU n00b.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
maybe he should just wait for white box to start up
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Raijouta
...Anyway, I don't believe the 1960s come stock with casters. If you do end up buying a 1960 you'd have to get them separately and install yourself.

I've never seen a new 1960a sold w/o casters unless it came packaged with a 1960b, in which case the "b" had the casters. I suspect the box would have also had casters for the 1960a, but that they just didn't have them installed, to support that clean "full stack" look.