Page 1 of 2
so i've been thinking about it, and the more i think, the more i believe that a lot of people have obsessive compulsive tendencies, some more and some less..
I, for example, can't have dirty/sticky/smelly or anything hands, it's on my mind, constantly. If i go and smoke a cigarette, and then sit down to listen to music, i can't enjoy listening to it with my hands feeling a bit sticky, and if i accidently get a smell of the smoke on my hands...I have to go wash them at all costs, otherwise there's a part of my mind thinking about it, and i can't enjoy the music.
another thing is that the living room door has to always be closed when i'm in the living room..don't ask me why.
My Uncle can't eat unless he is facing the door when he is at the table.
So pit write down your big or little obsessive compulsive tendencies!
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Every room in my house has to have a number of corners divisible by 16. I have to add/remove furniture until there is that said number of corners.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
I can't collect the pallet flower things in pikmin unless I use pikmin of the same color.
Quote by *sigh*
I have to listen to this song everyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOU8GIRUd_g

Yes my username is my real name. I did that because I've got BALLS

Quote by CG Man16
But we all know gay people want to rape every straight male they see.... Especially children, all gay people are pedophiles. Fact.

Reloading after every shot in any FPS
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
When I eat ice cream, I have to wrap a tissue around the spoon. Not because it's dirty or anything, just makes me really uncomfortable if I don't.
la de da.
when I eat, i(ha! ^ ) eat one thing on the plate at a time, counter clockwise

I have no idea why, I've always done it.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I usually have to do things in even numbers (if that makes any sense.) I also compulsively clear my throat much more than I need to.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
foods cannot touch

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
When I type a message in a thread, I have to type it out 20 times. Delete the entire thing, retype it 15 times. Delete 5 of those, and then retype it 10 times. Then finally delete 19 of those.

This took over 20 minutes to type.
I don't do any of the stuff listed... the closest thing I can think of is if I'm eating a burger and fries, I always eat the burger first, then save the fries for last. But I just do that because it's easier to make it last longer I think.
If there is a stack of paper plates I make sure that all of the plates are in the same position so that I can see the color of the pattern on the side of a stack.

Als, I count to 100 over and over again on the way to school or while in the shower. I can only leave the shower if I reach 100. But that is just an excuse to stay in the shower longer.

I also count to 10 while tapping a beat on my knees while waiting for anything.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I go into a blind rage when people don't capitalize letters appropriately.

iM sOrRy wHaT?
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by technicolour
When I type a message in a thread, I have to type it out 20 times. Delete the entire thing, retype it 15 times. Delete 5 of those, and then retype it 10 times. Then finally delete 19 of those.

This took over 20 minutes to type.

But this thread has only existed for just over 10...

EDIT: If a shirt I plan to wear smells of anything, of the teeniest tiniest scent of something other than washing powder, and even if others can't smell it at all, it is not worn that day.
Quote by whalepudding
Look at your guitar. Is it small, stripy, and honey-producing? If so, you might have gotten it mixed up with a bee.

Quote by WillPlayForFood
My last room mate came hoem drunk kicked my door in and proceeded to roll me up into my futon matress. He can go to hell for that.
Last edited by Boggy B at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by Boggy B

Bam.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I'm the same with the living room door and the hands. I also find that Ibrush my teeth in the same way every time. I also will each my chips (fries) before anything else on my plate... and random stuff like that. Never really though of them as obsessive compulsive though.
Check out my fitness blog here
Personal hygiene. And like you TS, my hands MUST be completely clean at all times. I wash them every 5-10minutes when I'm playing guitar, I just freak out and feel that there's something wrong with them if they're sticky and sweaty. Sometimes I feel that I have to wash them more than once, otherwise it'll just keep bugging me ..
I wash my face more than 5 times per day ..
I'm always suspicious and skeptic, always thinking that I forgot to do something even though sometimes, I'm practically sure that I did it.
I need to organize everything my way, everything must be classified, I use alphabetical order, size, color ...
I always bite my nails and then, I freak out when I notice that they don't like the same, one is taller, the other is crooked, the other is ...
Also, sometimes I get depressed, even over a little thing, and it lasts for days, because I can't get it out of my head and stop thinking about it...

All of this started to happen to me when I was 9-10 Y.O., it scared me a lot at first, and gave me the feeling that my life will be a living hell, but I guess after all these years, I got used to it, and it became a part of my daily life..

TL;DR
I have OCD, it ruins stuff for me, and I have many obsessions that I can't get rid off ..
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
All the DVD's in my DVD rack have to be perfectly in line.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Boggy B

I'm in a different timezone
I eat around all food that I eat, where possible. E.g. I'll eat the edge of a burger/sandwich before even thinking about touching the middle.

I try and get my dinner plate as clean as possible. Actually, my siblings have noticed this and have started marking my plate out of 10 after meals

Volume must, MUST, be on an even number.

I think thats it for me.
I clear my throat alot more than I need to :/

EDIT: and my CD's have to be in alphabetical order and if I have more than 1 CD per band then in order of release
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by technicolour

Oh... well THAT explains everything.
Oh yeah, TV volume for me ALWAYS is an odd number if it's over 25 and an even number below 20.
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by technicolour

I forgot that time slows down for people in a different timezone.

Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by Ramwen
Personal hygiene. And like you TS, my hands MUST be completely clean at all times. I wash them every 5-10minutes when I'm playing guitar, I just freak out and feel that there's something wrong with them if they're sticky and sweaty. Sometimes I feel that I have to wash them more than once, otherwise it'll just keep bugging me ..
I wash my face more than 5 times per day ..
I'm always suspicious and skeptic, always thinking that I forgot to do something even though sometimes, I'm practically sure that I did it.
I need to organize everything my way, everything must be classified, I use alphabetical order, size, color ...
I always bite my nails and then, I freak out when I notice that they don't like the same, one is taller, the other is crooked, the other is ...
Also, sometimes I get depressed, even over a little thing, and it lasts for days, because I can't get it out of my head and stop thinking about it...

All of this started to happen to me when I was 9-10 Y.O., it scared me a lot at first, and gave me the feeling that my life will be a living hell, but I guess after all these years, I got used to it, and it became a part of my daily life..

TL;DR
I have OCD, it ruins stuff for me, and I have many obsessions that I can't get rid off ..

don't worry sir

like i said in the thread..i'm sure that it's a thing that lots of people have, half of them without even realising it...it just becomes normal living..nothing at all to worry about.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I have to wash my hands all the time. If they get even just a bit greasy or dirty or whatever, I have to wash them.

And socks. I always have to have clean socks on, sometimes I go through 2-3 pairs a day. So I almost always wear shoes.

And the soap I use. I have to use Ivory regular soap, otherwise I can't play guitar until I do.

And I have to dry my hands on paper towels, otherwise I can't play guitar without feeling like my hands are obscenely dirty.

Huh, most of my OCD-ish stuff revolves around playing guitar. Cool.
Quote by adj209
Reloading after every shot in any FPS

This.

Volume of TV, PC etc MUST be a multiple of 2 or 5
My right arm always stays completely still when I'm walking
There must be at least one Polo or Tic Tac in my coat/jacket at all times

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who collects ticket stubs... But I don't just do it for gigs, for the last year or so I've been keeping them for EVERYTHING that involves tickets.

EDIT:
Quote by moscaespañol
All the files in my music library have to have the correct artist, album, and genre.

And I hate files that have the track number in front of them.

This too.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Last edited by Perfection 101 at Sep 6, 2010,
If I'm in the same room as my hands, I just have to masturbate.

serious shit...
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Perfection 101
Volume of TV, PC etc MUST be a multiple of 2 or 5

Or multiple of 11, so 11, 22, 33 etc...

Quote by guitar ben94
I eat around all food that I eat, where possible. E.g. I'll eat the edge of a burger/sandwich before even thinking about touching the middle.

I used to leave the filling in a doughnut till last.

Quote by maiden_man_666
I also will each my chips (fries) before anything else on my plate... and random stuff like that. Never really though of them as obsessive compulsive though.

Always leave veg till last or the best tasting thing in my lunch for last.

Quote by moscaespañol
All the files in my music library have to have the correct artist, album, and genre.

And I hate files that have the track number in front of them.

Same for me, takes sooooo long to do.
I wash the bar of soap. I never eat the first or last few things of food in a packet (eg, with a loaf of bread, I have to take the 3rd or 4th slice from the top, and if theres only 3-4 slices left, I can't eat them). Everything anywhere must be placed correctly, by that i mean if somethings on top of something and its bigger than the thing underneath and theres overlap, then they must be switched around to size accending order. Things must be in line. I'm obsessive about symmetry on stuff like my hands and various other things. If I type something on, for example my facebook status, it must look evenly typed, it must be like:

"Blabla bla bla bla bla bla blabla
Blablabla blaaaa bla bla bla bla"

and NOT:

"bla blaa bla blaaa bla blaa blabla
bla blabla bla"

There's so much more...
If I don't have 6 different sexual partners each day I feel really uncomfortable and sometimes suicidal

Page 1 of 2