So I'm in D.C for the BSU vs. Virginia Tech game this weekend, but I still like to look around my local craigslist in good old Boise, ID. And I stumbled across this little beauty, though I'm a tad wary.

http://boise.craigslist.org/msg/1939226508.html

Now then, odds are... Fake right? Still even if it is a fake, the price is low enough that I'm not just paying for the name, or so I hope. I sent the guy an email asking about an opportunity to try out the amp, as well as verification that it is a legitimate Marshall Super Lead 100.

So my question. Even if this is a fake, or a clone, or whatever, for $600 would you my fellow guitar players jump on this deal? At least to try it? This is one of the few Marshalls that I would actually like to have in my gear list, providing that it is legit.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
there is no way its real. even a good clone wouldnt even go for than id be really wary about even setting up a meeting cause uhh well you knoww.....rape
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Hahaha. I chose to pass, it's in a shady part of town where I'm not too comfortable anyway. Oh well. After hearing demos of real Super Lead 100's I must have one eventually. One day. One day. Or something like it, a clone, an improved version by other manufacturers where I'm not paying for a name.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Doesn't sound plausible, but I know of one guy around here who got a '70s Marshall JMP for $150.

Yeah, ask for gut shots, but even that isn't reliable. Ask him for a time stamp (like the date written on a piece of paper with a message saying 'THIS IS REAL') in the picture of the gut shots too to prove he really has what he has.

$600 is crazy cheap for a Plexi given a good clone can run upwards of $2000.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by forsaknazrael
^No, no getting specific is too much of a red flag that he priced it wrong. I agree with a time stamp, but not a piece of paper.

He said, he has "Something amazing being built". If he's getting a custom built amp odds are he knows his stuff and knows that it's worth way more. Maybe he just forgot to put another zero on there or something. On a side note, the pics look like they were taken in a music shop which is definitely shady.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^No, no getting specific is too much of a red flag that he priced it wrong. I agree with a time stamp, but not a piece of paper.

The seller could easily find gut shots on the Internet somewhere. That's why I'm saying a time stamp in the picture of the gut shots is important.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Ok been a couple days sorry. Nice to see some responses. He claims it is legit, and it had pics taken in a music shop because they were supposed to help him sell it (I guess that's how some things work), but he's gotten so many offers he's turned it into a auction. Which I have no interest in.

Soooo.... We're gonna change this thread into a "Who makes a great clone of a Marshall SLP100 and how great would it sound running it through an A/B/Y box with a 1975 Twin Reverb" thread.