Page 1 of 2
Hello UG community. It's time for me to buy a new guitar and i'm between the Jackson Demmelition and the ESP Horizon. It's the same money. Both guitars are made in japan, both guitars have active EMGs and a floyd rose original tremolo, both have an alder body and and ebony fretboard and include a deluxe case. What should i buy in your opinion?
links? I need to see these guitars before i offer advice.
btw, have you played either/ both of them?
the demmelition V is pretty awsome, if you want a guitar that look metal and sound metal buy the demmelition

Which esp horizon are you talking about ?
well if you dont like the V shape, id go with the ESP. If the feel of one of the 2 stood out more, thats something you should take into consideration.
i love the v shape but i think the horizon has better quality. what do you think?
If they got the same feel, quality and hardware well juste go for which look better xD

Never do that if your buying a guitar.. YES IM TALKING TO YOU 14 YEARS OLD KIDS
I think there are three questions you should ask yourself that will give you a pretty obvious answer.

Do you use the upper frets a lot? Then the Jackson will be a little easier to play up there.

Is the V shape comfortable for you? Do you have another, similar, guitar to play sometimes if it is not?

Do you play out at all? Because if you don't, the appearance of the guitar shouldn't matter. I know it does for all of us including me, but it shouldn't.
In terms of quality? What do you think? Is the esp better cause its made from a custom shop???
the demmelition got great quality, my friend has it, no flaws in it,
The horizon dont look bad at all, but whats your still of playing ?
All it comes down to is do you prefer a V-shape/flat top or do you prefer a super-Strat shape/carved top? That's pretty much it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Get the ESP. I have the MH-1000 NT, and have played the Horizon NT-II/NT-7. All great guitars. The Jackson wasn't really that great anyway (I played one in Toronto a couple years ago).
I'd go with the ESP Horizon. It's not a signature and its a nice always-in-fashion superstrat shape.

I'm not a fan of V's and on top of that the Demmelition looks like its trying really hard to be "br00tal", whilst the Horizon oozes class.
ESP <3

Callme a fanboy if you want but they are the best guitars ever.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I dream of owning an ESP Horizon one day. They're godly. I love the carved top. They are just the epitome of awesome guitars.
Horizon, the other doesn't look like it has as much upper fret acces
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I myself would take the Jackson, probably because I have always loved Jacksons. I would rather have a RR though. Best way to figure it out is play both of them.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by manospan
i love the v shape but i think the horizon has better quality. what do you think?

I think one has a Floyd Rose and the other is a string thru. Do you change tuning a lot?
Ahh...

Gotoh tuners>Jackson tuners
ESP standard quality>Jackson pro

finally,demmelition = overpriced and stupid, be better offf with a sl3 instead

ESP horizon = class
demmelition = raAraaaagh look at me noobs

ESP horizon = versatile
demmelition = metal(trust you'll look like an idiot if you play blues on it)

so IMO horizon is much better than the wanna be demmelition
I love ESP but that Jackson is pretty cool too.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Arterial
thank you for reiterating what i typed with more emotion arch...

haha no problem mate!!

you know I'll always cover for ya
Quote by manospan
In terms of quality? What do you think? Is the esp better cause its made from a custom shop???

Wrong, ESP Custom Shop Horizon is $6000+ Though ESP Standard is better than JAckson Pro series IMO

But really, when you played them which felt more comfortable to YOU?

We're not going to know what neck shape is better for you. If you don't mind the V shape and you like the feel of the Jackson over the ESP then get the Jackson, if you prefer the comfort of the ESP superstrat then get that.

If you really don't care then I'll just say the ESP is way better than the Jackson
get the ESP

also the Horizon isn't Alder, it's magohany
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Go with the ESP. I own an Edwards Alexi and a Jackson RR24 LE. When you compare the quality you could easily tell that the Edwards is better. Not saying the Jackson is bad but the Edwards is sure one hell of a guitar. Considering that an Edwards is better than a Pro series Jackson (both MIJ) then go for ESP, which is even better than Edwards. I've bought a KV2 a few days ago and waiting for it to be shipping. After that I'll be able to see which is better than which.
the ESP!
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by siverstorm
Wrong, ESP Custom Shop Horizon is $6000+ Though ESP Standard is better than JAckson Pro series IMO

But really, when you played them which felt more comfortable to YOU?

We're not going to know what neck shape is better for you. If you don't mind the V shape and you like the feel of the Jackson over the ESP then get the Jackson, if you prefer the comfort of the ESP superstrat then get that.

If you really don't care then I'll just say the ESP is way better than the Jackson

A CS Horizon won't cost up to 6k... unless you've changed like everything there is and it's all custom with a crazy finish. Most CS that have a standard (like same specs) round up to like 3.5k (at least around here it is). The price on the of the brands main sites are never right unless you actually have that much money lying around.
A true Custom Shop ESP from the ESP Japan site will run you the MSRP and then some. When I said $6000+ I didn't mean $6000-$10000 for the crazy (OMG ITS SHAPED LIKE A REAL SWORD) custom shop quotes.

And yea, just changing the inlays to something other than dots bumps the price up $200-$300 so I'd figure it's not hard to get it to $6000 from $3500

A guitar shop I went to in Tokyo had a line of ESP Custom shop guitars mostly Horizons and Eclipses. A few of them were about exactly the same specs. A TOM Eclipse with the offset block inlays ran 370,000 Yen (bout $4500), but the Floyd Eclipse with the ESP script inlay at the 12th ran 420,000 Yen ($5200)

The only custom shops I can think of that wouldn't go that high unless you get the bare minimum are the Custom shop models available to the North American markets. And if you can live with getting one of those and NOT changing the finish to something other than stock then good for you.
Normally I'd take the ESP, but V shape > all, so I'd take the Jackson.
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Quote by Aggro
Normally I'd take the ESP, but V shape > all, so I'd take the Jackson.

then everyone else>you

EDIT : If you dont get it,I'm just joking
Last edited by archenemyfan at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by archenemyfan
Ahh...

Gotoh tuners>Jackson tuners
ESP standard quality>Jackson pro

finally,demmelition = overpriced and stupid, be better offf with a sl3 instead

ESP horizon = class
demmelition = raAraaaagh look at me noobs

ESP horizon = versatile
demmelition = metal(trust you'll look like an idiot if you play blues on it)

so IMO horizon is much better than the wanna be demmelition

+1

well, other than the noobs bit

But yeah, agreed. ESP is probably slightly higher quality than the MIJ jackson stuff (though the neck-thru pro stuff is pretty nice), which is kept a bit below the US-made jacksons, and also the ESP (I think) has a schaller-made OFR whereas the Jackson has one of the Korean-made ones.

Go with the ESP, in other words, unless you just don't like the neck shape or body shape etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jean_genie
Do you use the upper frets a lot? Then the Jackson will be a little easier to play up there.

How do you figure? Most flying V's, including the jackson, have pretty poor upper fret access because of where the body joins the neck, in this case the 19th fret. Which means when playing anything higher than the 19th fret, you have to reach over the body to get at them. The horizon's body joins at the 23rd fret, making it very easy to get at all of the frets without anything in the way.

Anyway, id go with the Horizon. Both guitars have similar hardware, but i find super strats to have much better comfort, playability and balance than flying V's.
lolwutnow? my legra's upper fret access is nigh-on perfect. Certainly in a King V shape, the body's pretty narrow up where the fretboard hits the body, so it's not a problem. for me, anyway. EDIT: I'm not saying the ESP's upper fret access will be bad, most neck-thrus have pretty good upper fret access, if not very good. And I'd agree that superstrats are very comfy, probably more so than Vs. Just in my experience, when looking solely at upper fret access, the king V is about as good as it gets.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 7, 2010,
Page 1 of 2