Personaly it was a ibanez Xipho that my friend had
This neck was so NICE, it was like playing on butter !
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
My Schecter's.

This.

I think it's mostly because the neck shape fits my hand perfectly. who knows.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
A Michael Kelly Patriot. I swear that neck was like sliding across ice.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
A Schecter C1 Classic and some random Jackson years back. I don't even know the model but it had this weird Picasso-esque paint job done on it. Some worker at Mr. Music in Edmonton was working on it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Fender MIM Deluxe Lone Star Strat. Almost perfect neck, my only complaint being that the nut is just a fraction too slim for my tastes, another millimetre and a half and it would be perfect.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I played a PRS at my local Guitar Center the other day, by far the smoothest neck I've ever played. Don't remember the model though.
Quote by reclamation901
Personaly it was a ibanez Xipho that my friend had
This neck was so NICE, it was like playing on butter !

I have one, the neck feels nice. so I'd have to say the same.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I played the musicman john petrucci model a while back, the neck on that thing was sexy smooth
Quote by Iain.Peters
Guthrie Govan. 'nuff said.
My Les Paul Studio Mahogany. I stripped it down, sanded the neck some, and applied a hand-rubbed oil finish. I also sanded down the neck heel. Feels fantastic.
This one......

Okay, for real, the PRS 513 Standard......damn I wanted that thing. If anyone's got 3 grand they'd like to donate, hit me up.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Last edited by gatechballer at Sep 6, 2010,
It comes down to my SG Classic, or an American Tele I played at a pawn shop once... Then again, I just love the short radius on those things. If I found a Tele with a compound radius, I would be so happy. It definitely wasn't an Ibanez... those thin flat necks make my hand feel crippled.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Last edited by The3818919 at Sep 6, 2010,
I will have to say, I too have played a Xiphos and loved the feel.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
^ it`s a generic wizard II neck

this is all going to be varying opinions on different guitar models and is going to bring out the meme`s....... personally every prestige ibby neck i`ve played has been perfect.
The Schecter C1 Exotic. I'm not gonna lie to you, I have almost 2k in guitars, and if I can find one with that exact same neck, I'll trade them all for it.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Quote by ibanezgod1973
^ it`s a generic wizard II neck

this is all going to be varying opinions on different guitar models and is going to bring out the meme`s....... personally every prestige ibby neck i`ve played has been perfect.

Indeed, although my 2006 prestige neck is smoother then my 2009 neck. but the 2006 sometimes gets sticky, it has a different kind of finish to it, a more yellow type.

But my RG548 neck is even stickier, but still a lovely neck.
Orange Enthousiast.
any satin finish neck. I somehow really like the 60's les paul neck profile but the finish is nitrocellulose.
First place is the ESP Horizon NT-II. Second is the guitar my instructor made. And third is a PRS I played last year in Cleveland, I think it was the Al Di Meola one. ****ing great.
I'd go with my Dean MLX's neck, TBH. The RGs I've played have had little mini-necks that I quite literally couldn't play on, my SG(60s neck)'s neck is a little small for me, my old BC Rich(Platinum Assassin from the late '80s) is too big and the frets are smaller which I don't like, and Fender necks are a little too big for me. And I REALLY don't like painted necks, it feels like there's glue on it. Dx
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I love my xiphos's neck... ive played a jem before and that was nearly too thin... but still really smooth.. i liked it. then theres an RG1550 which i loved. anyone else not a fan of jackson necks? i just dont like them..
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
I loved the sterling ax40 neck....it really is like butter,can only imagine what a axis feels like
My Sound Makers
ESP Eclipse II
Epi Les Paul Studio
Fender Blues Jr.
Ibanez ORM. Shortscale. Super slim. Just round enough to not cause hand cramps.

Pretty much if Ibanez cloned your favourite Squier Vista shortscale neck and then genetically modified it with genes from Wizard (thickness) and Viper (width, frets) necks. And then selectively bred for amazingness. It's really a marvel of science.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Ibby all the way...personally I love the wizard II...I'll quote some of the guys above me tho, the Ibanez Xiphos 707...best neck I've ever played for a Sev...godly.
the smoothest I've ever played was a Schecter
Love the Guitar
Gear:
- Ibanez SZR520
- Peavey Vypyr 30w
- Alhambra 2C Classical Guitar
- Tortex .88mm/Jazz III 1.38mm
- Elixir Nanoweb Strings (.009)
If by smooth you mean the feel of the back of the neck in terms of how your hand glides across it then there's no competition for me - the gibson faded/satin type finish that they apply to their lower end guitars - it feels a lot smoother than it looks.

if you're talking about the smoothness in terms of playability/action, that's more to do with the setup than the neck itself.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The neck on my Charvel. It just fits. It's as if I don't even have to try and play. I switch my mind off and the neck does the work.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
´06 MiM tele nrck, was awed like never before in my life 0,0
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
The neck on my RG prestige - that thing is like sex, so fast to move up and down. I do wonder if it is a little too thin though, I'd love to try a Schecter but nowhere nearby sells them.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
either my shot lived epiphone SG or a washburn southern cross.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Pretty much all of my guitars after I sanded the necks. Made a big difference.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab