5 23%
a) yes b) no
2 9%
a) no b) no
2 9%
a) no b) yes
13 59%
Voters: 22.
.. to say that blacks are naturally better athletes (on average), meaning that their highly disproportionate presence and domination of certain sports, is in part due to their genes?

is it the same as saying that a particular race is smarter (average) than others?

because according to this defenition of racism, it is..

racism: The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others

so..

a) is it racist?

b) do you think black domination of some areas of athletism is in part due to their genes?

poll coming
Complementing their physical abilities? Positive racism?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Nothing to do with genes.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
You believe that "a particular race is superior to others"

Although I read somewhere that west african folks have a "build" with a higher center of gravity, making them better at running. People from northern europe, on the other hand, have a lower center of gravity, which makes them better suited for swimming.

I don't know if that's true and I don't remember where I read it, though. Whatever, ignore my post.
Black people have been scientifically proven to have denser muscle tone, which is why they are faster runners generally. The same muscle density is also the reason why there are less black swimmers (at a competitive level). Their denser muscle tone causes them to have less buoyancy than white people.

To be honest, it's a sticky subject, and no doubt this will get silly as it always does.
I think atheleticism is mainly about exploiting you natural attributes than what ethnicity you happen to be.

so, maybe.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Their denser muscle tone causes them to have less buoyancy than white people.

So that's why...
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
It's not racist if its true. It's very racist if it isn't true.

The problem lies in that most people don't bother to find out what is and is not true. So personally, I just keep my mouth shut rather than risking a confrontation with an uninformed person that makes us both look like assholes.
Quote by MakinLattes
I think atheleticism is mainly about exploiting you natural attributes than what ethnicity you happen to be.

What about natural attributes that are specific to your ethnicity?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Black people have been scientifically proven to have denser muscle tone, which is why they are faster runners generally. The same muscle density is also the reason why there are less black swimmers (at a competitive level). Their denser muscle tone causes them to have less buoyancy than white people.

To be honest, it's a sticky subject, and no doubt this will get silly as it always does.

This.

It's due to denser muscle fibre. It's not racism, it's science.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
The fact that they are black doesn't mean they can run faster.

However, the fastest runners do tend to be black.

So yeah there is a genetic element.

Also it is not racist to state a fact. If blacks are on average faster runners than whites, then blacks are on average faster runners than whites. Somebody's morals on what they think is racist and what isn't does not change fact.
Seriously, some of you people voted that it's not racist It is clearly racist, it's not even up for debate. Saying blacks are naturally better athletes is the same as saying that blacks are naturally criminals. You can't have your cake and eat it too; or something to that effect.
racist yes. True yes.

seriously, don't ever get in a fight with a black guy, they're hella strong. My best friend Stephen took two people on at once in a fight twice; One time when we were drunk and horsing around, me and my other friend went at him and he fucking floored us, the second time was an actually very serious event and he made both dudes cry like bitches.
Quote by sashki
What about natural attributes that are specific to your ethnicity?

I don't think there's enough difference to give anyone a substantial advantage at some sports.

i think it'd be like me complain that the guy I'm racing against has a pointier nose, thus less air resistance.

I'm trying to find this stuff about denser muscle, though. So i could be wrong.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."