Hey guys, new here.

I've got a Hartke HA3000 head running through a Hartke VX 410a cab. The clipping light is constantly coming on. Sometimes when I first turn it on, no sound comes out too.

I really need help with this. Could it be something as simple as the head and amp not being compatible, or is this likely something I need to fix/replace? Permanent damage?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks
The output from your bass is too high.

Turn down the volume knob on your bass.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Does your bass have active or passive pickups? Try using INPUT 1 and INPUT 2 alternately. One input is meant for active and the other is meant for passive.
I have both active and passive basses. I tried both inputs and adjusting the volume. It's still clipping when I get the amp volume around half way.

Thanks for those suggestions. What else should I try?
Make sure you adjust the gain until it's at the right level, then change the volume for your requirements.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Make sure you adjust the gain until it's at the right level, then change the volume for your requirements.

This. Too much gain. From reading about the head you should be using Input 1 for your active basses and Input 2 for your passives.
I wouldn't worry about it making no sound as soon as you turn it on, it's just warming up, a lot of amps do this.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB