Page 1 of 2
Tomorow is my first day of school and over the summer while battling my depression I have decided I'm going to turn over a new leaf and I bought new types clothes (clothes I would never have worn last year. like white shoes, tighter jeans, & shirts that are huge like all the cool kids wear) and am going to try to be more outgoing and make new friends and get popular and try to find the love I have been chasing all my life. I gotta have confidence & a larger than life ego to make this all work (which I have spent all summer working on) Do you guys think it's gona work?

Has anyone here ever tried to turn over a new leaf & try something similar?
yes, i turned over a leaf to become the new slim shady
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.

Dude, where did you come up with your username?
Quote by jrock888000
when i was 8 i would stick my whammy bar into a hole i cut into a life size teddy bear....that was before i had a guitar.

RIP HEAVEN'S GATE. THE pr0nz WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED.
Are you buying shirts that popular kids wear, or shirts that are too big for you?
Good luck. Should be good.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
read "the game" by neil strauss, even if your not looking for a girl, it will make you raise your confidence.
sounds weird, but its the sht.
get it as a .mp3 to listen throughout the day.

my style? whatever the fk i have, i just never wear a white t-shirt and blue jeans.
it's all about how you wear it.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Last edited by shanchett99 at Sep 6, 2010,
It'll work if you have confidence in yourself. I think it's a great idea, good luck with the ladies man!
You should be yourself, not try to act like what the kids like. Not being yourself is also not going to find you "love".

All you are doing is leading yourself into conformity and crushed hopes and dreams.

Hope you enjoy it.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by Casketcreep
Be yourself for Gods sake.
No-one will ever respect you just because you wear some different clothes.

+ 2423525256

Don't wear what the cool kids wear.
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by Casketcreep

If nice clothes helps him fit in then he should wear them. Doesn't mean he's being fake because clothes don't make the man.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Just don't forget, or even worse, try and hide from who you are. Try and discover or work with aspects of yourself rather than just making them up.

Good luck though dude
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
yes, i turned over a leaf to become the new slim shady

TS mancrush
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 6, 2010,
I did this year at college. I was never good with girls in high school but when I got to college, I decided to adopt a new lifestyle. 99 slaps. If you hit on 100 girls, 99 will slap you, but 1 will fuck. So now I just don't give a shit. If a girl rejects me, I move onto the next one.

It's worked pretty well so far.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
TS, I give you credit. That's cool. You did something I never had the guts to do.

Thanks brah.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
If nice clothes helps him fit in then he should wear them. Doesn't mean he's being fake because clothes don't make the man.

shirts that are too big for him? that doesn't look nice nor does it make him himself. he's not a fatty so why wear XXL? (or maybe he is, but maybe he's not an ultra fatty, so no reason for XXXXL)

Dude, don't change your whole personality just to be popular.
If a pizza has a radius of "Z" and a height of "A" it has a volume of pi(z)(z)(a)
Quote by Casketcreep

Pretty much what I was thinking, the real 'Cool' kids never actually try to be 'cool.' They just do what they like. People just follow what they do, because of the mentality of a 'cool' person.

But you'd be surprised at what a wardrobe change can do to a person's image and attitude. I say go for it, TS. Just don't be a poser. (Someone that acts like someone they just aren't.)

Quote by GezzyDiversion
I find the word cool is the opposite of freedom.

And this. You're pretty much enslaved when you consciously think about it.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by BloodyPaperclip
Thanks brah.

You're welcome, man. Good luck tomorrow. Don't let anything anyone else says even touch you.
So you were ostracized for being a unique individual with your own ideals, fashion and way of doing things? And your plan to fix your depression/loneliness which is cuased by being ostracized is by trying to look and act just like everyone else? Yea, that will make your life much better.

Seriously man, be yourself, soon enough you will find people who love you for who you are, even if it takes several years, it is much better than going the mass conformity route.
I did this year at college. I was never good with girls in high school but when I got to college, I decided to adopt a new lifestyle. 99 slaps. If you hit on 100 girls, 99 will slap you, but 1 will fuck. So now I just don't give a shit. If a girl rejects me, I move onto the next one.

It's worked pretty well so far.

why not just try to connect with one for long term, then get 99 secks and 1 blowjob. (for the times she's on her period)

i get secks all the time. and head nearly every day that she is on her period. it's ****ing awesome having a girlfriend in a long term relationship lol

I "turned aa new leaf" because I got arrested for possession and now in one week sober. Woo

and also, tight jeans and baggy shirts will look retarded
Quote by GODhimself37
shirts that are too big for him? that doesn't look nice nor does it make him himself. he's not a fatty so why wear XXL? (or maybe he is, but maybe he's not an ultra fatty, so no reason for XXXXL)

I'll admit that i read "huge" as in very popular. I had no Idea that cool kids wear huge shirts in the States. My bad.

I thought he'd be moving from typical rocker look to a more neat look. Nice t-shirts n stuff.

As for all this don't be conformist stuff, that's balls tbh. With fashion it's fine. don't wear the same stuff, but wear stuff that's in fashion at least a little bit. Try to be a little different but not for the sake of being different.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Last edited by Jiggzy.UK at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by GezzyDiversion
I find the word cool is the opposite of freedom.

that's a good but flawed philosophy. hence the photo

edit:
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
I'll admit that i read "huge" as in very popular. I had no Idea that cool kids wear huge shirts in the States. My bad.

I thought he'd be moving from typical rocker look to a more neat look. Nice t-shirts n stuff.

cool kids don't wear big shirts in the states, gangstas do. i honestly have no clue if OP was talking about popular shirts or big ones either.

lol

Last edited by GODhimself37 at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by bass-boy-garith
So you were ostracized for being a unique individual with your own ideals, fashion and way of doing things? And your plan to fix your depression/loneliness which is cuased by being ostracized is by trying to look and act just like everyone else? Yea, that will make your life much better.

Seriously man, be yourself, soon enough you will find people who love you for who you are, even if it takes several years, it is much better than going the mass conformity route.

I think you read a bit too much into what wasnt there
Quote by piratemetalhead
I think you read a bit too much into what wasnt there

Perhaps...it is something I am often guilty of.
Btw, it's impossible to teach people that cool t shirts and trying to act cool will not make them cool. This sort of thing sadly has to be learned out in the field.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Btw, it's impossible to teach people that cool t shirts and trying to act cool will not make them cool. This sort of thing sadly has to be learned out in the field.

Its all in the confidence (balls) & ego (moar balls) I just gotta show ppl my balls to be accepted (metaphoriccally) the clothes just show people that I'm normal like they are and its more acceptable than wearing Children of Bodom shirts, black jeans, & black shoes with long hair & never smiling. Since I shaved my head I feel like a new person. The old me used to scare people. The new me is gona be "the man" I wanna be like Slim Shady "I got mushrooms, I got acid, I got tabs & asprin tablets. I'm your brother when you need some more weed to set you free. I'm Shady" I wanna be the one everyone knows instead of a pissed off scary metalhead like I was last year & throughout middle school until eminem came back.
Good luck bro, school starts here tomorrow too. I did what your talking about a year and a half ago and now everything is great. I have a bunch of friends, im one of the popular kids, and im the happiest ive been in a long, long time.

P.S. Put yourself out there too, dont be afraid to take chances. People hate cowardice/creepiness way more than failure.
Here is my signature.
Last edited by Hafgrim at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by Twist of fate
Buying white shoes and big clothes won't make you black but I respect you for trying because I myself brought an Obama shirt in 2008. You know how cool I felt after that?

Quote by BloodyPaperclip
Its all in the confidence (balls) & ego (moar balls) I just gotta show ppl my balls to be accepted (metaphoriccally) the clothes just show people that I'm normal like they are and its more acceptable than wearing Children of Bodom shirts, black jeans, & black shoes with long hair & never smiling. Since I shaved my head I feel like a new person. The old me used to scare people. The new me is gona be "the man" I wanna be like Slim Shady "I got mushrooms, I got acid, I got tabs & asprin tablets. I'm your brother when you need some more weed to set you free. I'm Shady" I wanna be the one everyone knows instead of a pissed off scary metalhead like I was last year & throughout middle school until eminem came back.

Hmmm to be honest, to me, it sounds like you've got the completely wrong attitude. Confidence is good, ego on the other hand isn't needed. When i describe someone as having a 'big ego' it's usually a bad thing and means i think they're arrogant. Seriously, be yourself dude, there's nothing wrong with wearing the clothes you used to wear if you genuinely like teh look, just as long as you're cool with everyone. Trust me dude i went through a very simular phase. It's fine changing your look, just so long as your doing it because you genuinely like your style. Just don't do it to impress.
And for the love of god don't get known for being the overly obsessive Eminem fan
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Sep 6, 2010,
Sounds like a plan, TS.

School starts here tomorrow as well. I think my schedule is rigorous but relaxed enough for me to enjoy my last year of high school (before I pack off to a larger, more expensive 'high school'...). Also, I hope to woo my muse.
I've been listening to Eminem's newer stuff & some 50 cent because they make me feel on top of the world. I already got a coupple popular friends so it should be easy to fit in.
Quote by BloodyPaperclip
I've been listening to Eminem's newer stuff & some 50 cent because they make me feel on top of the world. I already got a coupple popular friends so it should be easy to fit in.

Don't you find the whole imitating slim shady thing slightly ironic, though? I mean, a lot of his songs are him having a go at imitators, mate.

Not that I'm judging, though.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Don't you find the whole imitating slim shady thing slightly ironic, though? I mean, a lot of his songs are him having a go at imitators, mate.

Not that I'm judging, though.

I'm not imitating him at all. I just said I wanted to be known like him.
Page 1 of 2