I'm planning on upgrading my Pro Tools interface soon, I'm moving from the MBOX 2 Mini to the plain ol' MBOX2. Will I need to get the iLok key for it to work?
The iLok key is only used to hold the licenses for your plug ins. Unless you've bought more (or any), no. Even so, iLok is managed by a company other than Digidesign/Avid/whatever the hell they're called now.

Short answer, no, you should be set.

I'm also extremely jealous, I wish I had money to buy my own interface so I don't have to go to my schools studio anytime I want to do something...
"Music Can Change The World Because It Can Change People..." - Bono

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION AHEAD!

School studios are still by far much better most of time time. My college has a pro set of mics and a Pro Tools HD system.

Avid is the main company but they own a crapload of other sub companies.
You don't need the iLok for the Mbox. Digi/Avid (I know they switched to Avid but they will always be Digidesign to me) actually has a serial key license for Pro Tools LE (the version with the Mbox) so you'll have no problem there.

Though I'd suggest investing in an iLok if you ever plan on buying some nice plugins. My iLok has my license for my Waves plugins and Pod Farm Platinum on it. Its so nice to have it all on there instead of a key which I'll lose 5 minutes after installing the software.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by moody07747
School studios are still by far much better most of time time. My college has a pro set of mics and a Pro Tools HD system.

Avid is the main company but they own a crapload of other sub companies.

Mine has quite the mic locker and Pro Tools system as well. I just meant like, for demo purposes, and something I can have when I graduate.
"Music Can Change The World Because It Can Change People..." - Bono

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION AHEAD!