Poll Options
View poll results: Read first post
Do nothing
14 11%
Ask what they really think
34 26%
Try to be a better person in some way or another
38 29%
Grow some balls you ****ing ****** I've got my own problems to deal with god I hate you so much
35 27%
Other (explain)
9 7%
Voters: 130.
Page 1 of 2
We all have one. Some of us are the awkward friend. I know that I am.

I was never the most interesting person in my circle of friends, and while I try not to get in anyone's way, I suspect that my friends would prefer that I didn't hang out with them.
They're nice to me when I'm around, but I have a suspicion that they talk behind my back and consider me a social obstacle in some way or another.

If I confront them about it, I doubt they'll tell me the truth.

Is it better to know what people really think of you, or to remain ignorant and spend time with the people you like, even if they don't like you as much?

What would The Pit do?
Didn't we just have this thread a few days ago?
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at Sep 6, 2010,
If people didn't want to hand around with me I'd expect them too have the balls to tell me.

And to be honest TS, I think you're probably being paranoid.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
I'd rather know what they really think, to see if they are true friends.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Why do people keep on misspelling ackward?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Chris3235
Either im high or ive gone back in time

There was a post on awkward friends, but if I recall correctly, it was about telling stories of awkward friends. This one is about me asking for opinions.
Finally an option that I want to vote for

Grow some balls you ****ing ****** I've got my own problems to deal with god I hate you so much
I have about 3 circles of "friends" friends I'll hang out with, one is a circle of people i talk to, and the last are people who don't like me, but I talk to for shits and giggles. I would say I only have like 2 or 3 close friends, so just try and find a few nice people. Chill TS.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I had an ackward friend. I told him off, and we don't hang out anymore.
TS, if you were an awkward friend, your friends would probably be ignoring you or something, I dunno.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Sometimes it's best to ask, and if they're the annoying person it's best to tell them.
In my 2nd hand experience i've seen too many shy people pestered by some annoying Douche and not tell them off cause of their low confidence .
I'm the friend who tells the douche's to F off from annoying my friends, it happens alot, everyones a douche, best to accept it and tell it like it is.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Last edited by shanchett99 at Sep 6, 2010,
You're not going to like the answer.

But if you're considering asking that question, you definately are the awkward one. I used to be a little awkward, until I grew a pair. Go live life man, challenge yourself to do something awesome.
Just ask what they think of you. It's better than wasting your time with people who may not like you.

Also, I am the totally awkward guy in my small circle of friends.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

I kind of have the exact opposite problem.

None of my friends go to my school. I actually hate the people that I hang out with at breaks and stuff. I just really don't want to come across as a loner though, so I hang out with them.
after actually reading the OP, I have this to say: you don't want people to be your friend out of pity or a misplaced sense of obligation. confront your friends about this.

if YOU'RE not happy with who you are or how you act, then take the initiative and change yourself. maybe that'll be the catalyst for people who enjoy your company to seek it out.
There's this guy who thinks he's really confident and outgoing, but he's so awkward it's unreal and tries way too hard.

anyway TS, I used to be kind of similar, really awkward with people I didn't know well, but I just reduced the amount I cared and started being louder. My family is full of naturally loud people, turns out I'm one of them as well, just had to make some small changes to my thought processes. The main thing I used to do is over think jokes to make sure I would get a laugh, 'cos I thought eternal embarrassment would ensue if people didn't laugh. Now, I make jokes all the time (not like "Airplane food, I mean, what the fook?", usually taking the piss out of people. It's surprising how that breaks the ice) and if they fail I don't really care, most of my jokes get laughs, even if it's just pity laughs.

Meeting new people, though hard, becomes easier with this gem my sister told me; I asked her how, after 3 days working with people, she was already really friendly with them. She said "Well I just act like I've known them for years. Talk to them like I would to my friends"

I've started to do this when I meet people, and it makes it a lot easier, you kind of cut out the section where it's awkward and you struggle to find things to talk about, by just teasing them!

I dunno, that's just me, and I may fall flat on my ass when I go to uni in a couple of weeks, but meh, it'll all be fine, for me and for you TS
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I have the same problem but with people I work with. I just don't care
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
This might be a bit off-topic, but its the best time that I am going to get.

Being "awkward" is the new "random". People try incredibly hard to be awkward because they think that it will make them funny and quirky. Just like how there used to be a ton of "random" people all yelling things like "cheese!" in harmony. Its pretty obnoxious, because there can't even be a moment of silence without somebody saying "lulz so ACKWARD!!!!"

Im all ranty right now.
i have a on/off feeling about my one friend, we talk and everything is going great and one random day she acts like she could care less about me. Pretty sure it's just mood swings though, she's like that
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by JacobTheMe

Being "awkward" is the new "random". People try incredibly hard to be awkward because they think that it will make them funny and quirky. Just like how there used to be a ton of "random" people all yelling things like "cheese!" in harmony. Its pretty obnoxious, because there can't even be a moment of silence without somebody saying "lulz so ACKWARD!!!!"

Im all ranty right now.

Speaking of rants....
Quote by bass-man9712
i have a on/off feeling about my one friend, we talk and everything is going great and one random day she acts like she could care less about me. Pretty sure it's just mood swings though, she's like that

Jeez man! It's "couldn't"! If she could care less, it means she could have a lower level of hatred than she does. If she couldn't care less, she physically couldn't have a lower level of care, because she can't care less!

/sorry rant
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by JacobTheMe

Im all ranty right now.

how ackward...
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by will123456789
Speaking of rants....

Jeez man! It's "couldn't"! If she could care less, it means she could have a lower level of hatred than she does. If she couldn't care less, she physically couldn't have a lower level of care, because she can't care less!

/sorry rant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Alright, many thanks for the relevant replies so far.

Quote by JacobTheMe

Im all ranty right now.

Sorry, it's the only appropriate word that came to mind.
I don't try to be awkward. It's not like I want to feel alienated from my friends.
Quote by UraniYum

Go live life man, challenge yourself to do something awesome.

Could you suggest something more specific? I'm a bit short on ideas right now, and the things I consider awesome are not that widely appreciated.
Quote by sashki

Sorry, it's the only appropriate word that came to mind.
I don't try to be awkward. It's not like I want to feel alienated from my friends.

Don't worry. I wasn't aiming that at you. I typed it with teenage girls in mind.
Quote by sashki
Those teenage girls...always on your mind.

And your cawk.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by sashki

Could you suggest something more specific? I'm a bit short on ideas right now, and the things I consider awesome are not that widely appreciated.

I used to be a little awkward, but I did a few 'manly' things that made me more personable. I went to a trade college, which is where you go to learn how to be a bricklayer, joiner, electrician. You spend a lot of time shooting the breeze, doing manual labour for posh wankers. So me and the other labourers had a lot in common, we got talking a lot.
There's a few other specific things, but I wouldn't reccomend them.
The poll results make me sad.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Wow, sucks for you. Im pretty much the #1 favorite friend in my group of friends. Its just all been collectively agreed that Im the most amazing.

On a helpful note? Hard for me to give you an answer based off of just this. If they really are talking behind your back in a disrespectful way, you dont deserve that, and out of respect for yourself, id confront them. But its also completely possible that they really like you and insecurity/low self-esteem is making you paranoid into thinking they might be talking behind your back.

I couldnt tell you which one it is, but I hope it works out.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I am the awkward friend, people only ask for my suggestions when they're desperate. I'm like the red button, don't push it unless there is no other escape.
Quote by damian_91
Why do people keep on misspelling ackward?

That's what I'm wondering, yo.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
If you truly believe it and you're a good friend then I'd want to know. Just me, maybe, but I cannot stand not knowing things, especially from my friends.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by sashki
We all have one. Some of us are the awkward friend. I know that I am.

I was never the most interesting person in my circle of friends, and while I try not to get in anyone's way, I suspect that my friends would prefer that I didn't hang out with them.
They're nice to me when I'm around, but I have a suspicion that they talk behind my back and consider me a social obstacle in some way or another.

If I confront them about it, I doubt they'll tell me the truth.

Is it better to know what people really think of you, or to remain ignorant and spend time with the people you like, even if they don't like you as much?

What would The Pit do?

I'm suddenly worried that I've developed a split personality and typed this in my sleep somehow, because I am definitely that guy. Identical situation. I've found that asking the people in question only makes it more awkward, so find someone who you aren't that close to (so that they'll give you the harsh truth) and ask them if you are in fact "that guy."
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Page 1 of 2