i currently use a laney lc50 and its not really cutting it when im jamming and soon to be gigging, i will use the laney primarily for practising by myself but then the head and cabinet for gigs/rehearsals

my budget is around about £800 for both the head and cab, i can raise it if needs be,

i play anything from death metal (nile, the black dahlia murder, death,) to stuff like cancer bats/bloodsimple and then i want a pristine clean channel,

i was looking at the mesa boogie dual recitifier, quite expensive compared to others ive looked at but is it worth the extra £££?

ive also considered the marshall jvm410, blackstar series one, peavey 5150/6505,

i realise the price i stated is probably going to lean towards second hand which i am completely fine with,

i also use humbucker pickups which are passive,

all help is much appreciated
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Last edited by ChazBcWarlock at Sep 6, 2010,
Thats a big ask from an amp on that budget in the UK.
The JVM410H is a brilliant amp regardless of the marshall hate bandwagon here. Watch it though, can get a bit fizzy.
If you can afford a 2 Channel Dual Rec, Go it, It will do everyhting you want there.
If cleans are a must, the 6505/5150 isnt your amp, The +/II has quite passable cleans IMHO, but I would never descrive them as pristine.
As far as a cab goes, cant really go past the Orange PPC212 and PPC412 over there, depending on your preferance. Just a suggestion.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
thats great advice thanks,

so my best bet is to go mesa boogie dual rectifier, will this be able to do classic rock stuff aswell?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Bugera 333xl.
Brutal gain, sparkling cleans. The head costs 600 dollars.
3 channels. Separate EQs.
Boost switch.
Reverb.
Noise gate.

Check it out. I'm planning on getting it too. :/
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
-peavey 6505+ or 3120

-ENGL fireball/powerball
Gear:

-Gibson Les Paul 2008 standard
-MIA Fender sunburst
-Orange Rockerverb C
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Roland 30x
-Line 6 pod x3
is the jcm 900/800 any good?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
You'll need at least £800 for a head alone, you may be able to pick up a cheap used cab on eBay, there are thousands going cheap on there, don't be restricted to Marshall cabs.

I recommend looking at the ENGL's too, The Ritchie Blackmore signature looks close to your budget.