I've had a science project for the past..two weeks, I believe. It's due tomorrow morning and I've hardly started, I know the material and can do it..for whatever reason I just can't seem to be interested enough to do it. I will, yeah, but it's quite an effort to make myself.

That's my story, not asking for help. The point of the thread is:

You ever find yourself procrastinating more than you should/consciously want to? Tell stories, discuss motivators, etc.
I'm reserving this slot on the first page so I can edit it with a procrastination story later.
Go do your project. This thread is obviously a pathetic attempt to procrastinate further.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
i was expecting the first post to be "Cool story bro", but i was wrong, so here;

cool story bro.

and yes, i tend to always procrastinate on school projects, in fact, i don't think i have ever not procrastinated on a school project.
either I take care of things immediately or do them at the last second. I find the former more useful, since you don't have to worry about it anymore.
I procrastinate all the time. It's actually terrible. Almost all of my papers have been written right before they're due. In fact, I wrote a 500 word essay, 1000-1500 word essay (don't actually remember how much I wrote, but that was the assignment), and a single spaced page during an all-nighter before the first day of school (summer assignments).
I am the worst procrastinator ever

Seriously I can't ever just get shit done
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I'll post something witty later.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by sglover34479
I've had a science project Psych outline for the past..two weeks, I believe. It's due tomorrow morning and I've hardly started, I know the material and can do it..for whatever reason I just can't seem to be interested enough to do it. I will, yeah, but it's quite an effort to make myself.

You ever find yourself procrastinating more than you should/consciously want to? Tell stories, discuss motivators, etc.

That's my story.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by sglover34479
Yes I was procrastinating further, without realizing it until you all told me.
I'm done now though.

Wow, I was listening to Failure by Design by Brand New and I saw this thread right when he says "procrastination".

Also, coincidentally, I am procrastinating right now.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I have a Mobile I'm supposed to make about a story for English by Friday.

I'm ****ed in the ass.
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
I procrastinate all the time. It's actually terrible. Almost all of my papers have been written right before they're due. In fact, I wrote a 500 word essay, 1000-1500 word essay (don't actually remember how much I wrote, but that was the assignment), and a single spaced page during an all-nighter before the first day of school (summer assignments).

That's bad, dude.
right now i am in fact, procrasti

edit: nating
Last edited by olix95 at Sep 7, 2010,
I was bad about it in high school, I'd do my work in the class before it was due, but when I go to college I'm going to try to just get back to my dorm and finish it so I can go do whatever.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
My favoured line of reasoning is "I could start the thing, or I could try and write more of that song. I might come up with the best riff ever, and I'd miss out if I did this assignment. That's more important, surely. Right, that's settled. I'm going to watch 20 films for inspiration."

edit: And if I do it the night before it's due, I consider that pretty good by my standards. I usually do it a few nights afterwards, like some kind of sexy maverick.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Sep 7, 2010,
I find it ironic how I'm procastinating right now.
The internet is way too distracting.
Good on ya facebook, UG, youtube and tumblr
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
I never do anything until I want to, and to be honest, it's turning me into a really shitty person.
Quote by sglover34479
I've had a science project for the past..two weeks, I believe. It's due tomorrow morning and I've hardly started, I know the material and can do it..for whatever reason I just can't seem to be interested enough to do it. I will, yeah, but it's quite an effort to make myself.

good work!
You've been taught in the art of procrastination well.
I have an assignment due next week that I haven't started, and one due in a few weeks I haven't started. I have a speech to write due in a few weeks, unstarted. I have an essay and creative task due next week that I've done a paragraph of.

Procrastination will be the death of me
Quote by sglover34479

I dunno why it was so hard to make myself do it, some things just have that mental barrier that's there for no apparent reason.

Oh well.

I know exactly what you mean. I think with me it's laziness combined with procrastination, but leaves you in a shit, frantic position at the end of the time frame! I did that with all the coursework I had this year, but ah well, Uni should be even better and easier to procrastinate and do shit in!

Right now for instance, I seriously need to tidy my room, but I really can't be arsed, and probably will go back to bed pretty soon!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Thrill-house
I always tell myself "I'll do it later, the perfect time to do anything."

My excuse is usually "I have heaps of time, I'll do it later" until about the week before. Then I just procrastinate for the sake of procrastinating.
If it's just a normal assignment or a project I don't procrastinate.

If it's an essay though, I procrastinate a lot. I just can't get myself to write for more than 15 minutes without doing something else. I recently got a second monitor too so I'll have my essay open on one screen and the other screen is my "research" screen. Which means it's my UG/Facebook/Tetris screen though. Which is exactly what I'm doing now...

How do you get yourself to stop procrastinating?
cat
Quote by guitarxo
If it's just a normal assignment or a project I don't procrastinate.

If it's an essay though, I procrastinate a lot. I just can't get myself to write for more than 15 minutes without doing something else. I recently got a second monitor too so I'll have my essay open on one screen and the other screen is my "research" screen. Which means it's my UG/Facebook/Tetris screen though. Which is exactly what I'm doing now...

How do you get yourself to stop procrastinating?

I said to myself 'C'mon, it's gotta get done and if you wait and get a bad grade you'll only have yourself to blame. You want the blame?'
Procastinating - The art of keeping up with yesterday.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Procrastination at this very moment. Goddamn re-examinations.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)