I am having trouble trying to copy how tremonti holds his pick, i notice he uses small variations depending what kind of lick he is playing but this is what it looks like for the most part.

if you had to put in words how he is holding it what would they be? thanks for any input.
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Last edited by ehlert99 at Sep 6, 2010,
could you post a video showing it?
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
1 - Don't copy someone else's way of holding the pick just because you like their playing, it's a bad idea and can lead to some really unnatural playing positions.

2 - Why would it need to be put into words? This is what we have youtube for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siId0ykNui0
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I cant get into a rhythm of how I like to hold the pick.. it might work for awhile then it wont at some point.... I also read it is a good idea to try to mimick how your favorite artist does things (even pick holding)... anyways I wanted it put in words because I have a hard time seeing how it is sitting on his index finger...
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Quote by ehlert99
I also read it is a good idea to try to mimick how your favorite artist does things (even pick holding)...

Where did you read that? Whoever wrote that has no idea what they're talking about. Everyone has to find their own specific way of holding a pick. What's the point of copying someone when originality is one of the most important parts of being a musician? If everyone just copied their predecessors, we would all still be playing music from the baroque era. Find your own way. Invent your own style if you have to.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by ehlert99
I cant get into a rhythm of how I like to hold the pick.. it might work for awhile then it wont at some point.... I also read it is a good idea to try to mimick how your favorite artist does things (even pick holding)... anyways I wanted it put in words because I have a hard time seeing how it is sitting on his index finger...

It's not a good idea.

Everyone's hands are different, what works for one person is not necessarily going to work for someone else. There's certain "best practices" that should ideally be followed when holding a pick but they're fairly general....keep the wrist straight, hold the pick between 2 fingers with the point perpendicular to the strings but that's about it. The minor details of how somebody else holds the pick are of no use to you, you need to work out what feels best for you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com