hello pit, I'm a straight, white, 5'9'' 160 lb. college student and I'm planning to get my first tattoo. i was considering the words "eager for bread and love" from Jack Kerouac's On the Road. the tattoo needs to be discrete so i want it about 2 inches below my waistline, to the left of my pubic area. tell me what you think and give some suggestions on the font type and size. which font will look the best over time. i do not want a font/size that will eventually turn it into an ink blot.
Get something that means something to you personally.

And for the love of god, don't get it there. You're going to get fat, and it will stretch into a horrible, illegible mess.
Naughty Bear

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Dicks. Lots of Dicks.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Get every mark on your skin (birthmark, freckle, etc.) tattooed 1 inch down from where it normally is. It would be crazy and awesome.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by robhc
Get something that means something to you personally.

Why? Just get something that looks cool.
Quote by Erik_Aero
Why? Just get something that looks cool.

I betcha, if you do that, you'll regret it when you're older.
Or do what I'm doing, get one arm stuff that has meaning, and the other arm random, cool looking crap.
Get a tattoo of your face, upside down on the front of your neck, and the same size as your face. It's a reflection!
While this thread is still active. Get "Est. (Your Birth year)" Eg. established (year)
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
i appreciate the posts but...its obvious people are only replying to the thread title and not my actual post... why did i think i would find help in the bowels of the pit... smh
Quote by pageXxXzoso
i appreciate the posts but...its obvious people are only replying to the thread title and not my actual post... why did i think i would find help in the bowels of the pit... smh

I just refuse to let you put someone else's original thoughts on your own body. Song lyrics are so trite in tattoos. Originality reigns king as usual.
Last edited by parigod at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by parigod
I just refuse to let you put someone else's original thoughts on your own body. Song lyrics are so trite in tattoos. Originality reigns king as usual.

the words struck deep, isn't that what art is meant to do? if and when people ask, i'm not going to say i wrote it, haha i'm going to go tell them to read "On the Road"
Quote by pageXxXzoso
the words struck deep, isn't that what art is meant to do? if and when people ask, i'm not going to say i wrote it, haha i'm going to go tell them to read "On the Road"

Different strokes. Do what feels right to you.
Get a tiny dick on your actual one so whenever you look down, you can say, "At least I'm bigger than that guy." Or put eyes on yours balls so the whole thing will look like Squidward...............or the rocket ship idea, yeah.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Here's something that you may not have considered. It's more unique these days to NOT get a tattoo.

This is the best idea.
MATTERHORN
Quote by ctb
The chorus to "4'33" by John Cage.

What you did there, i see it.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Never get a first tattoo. At least wait until your second, third, maybe even fourth.

You'll thank me later.
Your girlfriend's name. On your chest.

Please don't actually do that.
Quote by Eric_Fail
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Fart over it.
I'll fart over you if you're not careful

Quote by pageXxXzoso
hello pit, I'm a straight, white, 5'9'' 160 lb. college student and I'm planning to get my first tattoo. i was considering the words "eager for bread and love" from Jack Kerouac's On the Road. the tattoo needs to be discrete so i want it about 2 inches below my waistline, to the left of my pubic area. tell me what you think and give some suggestions on the font type and size. which font will look the best over time. i do not want a font/size that will eventually turn it into an ink blot.

I dunno, one that says "I'm gay for black dudes" ?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Here's something that you may not have considered. It's more unique these days to NOT get a tattoo.

Wrong
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I think I just found the author of this .
If you need to ask an anonymous internet forum for "suggestions" you are already in trouble.

I would skip the tattoo. Back when I was a kid, they were somewhat "rebellious." Now you need one on your hand, neck, wrist, or face, etc... (some highly visible area), otherwise you are "just a tattoo dilettante" (and might as well have a Tweetie Bird).

You will thank me when you are older.
Quote by filtersweep
If you need to ask an anonymous internet forum for "suggestions" you are already in trouble.

I would skip the tattoo. Back when I was a kid, they were somewhat "rebellious." Now you need one on your hand, neck, wrist, or face, etc... (some highly visible area), otherwise you are "just a tattoo dilettante" (and might as well have a Tweetie Bird).

You will thank me when you are older.

Unless the tattoo means something specific to him in which case you are in no position to tell him what to do or judge him for it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau