texas specials will make that guitar sound like a strat should sound. wait, it's a strat right?

definitely mod it. some of the best sounding guitars i've ever heard are squier bullets that have been given a new life with some new hardware and pups
Yes, mod it. Modding is very fun, and you can make a great guitar. And, it gives you experience, which is always good. Hopefully the neck is good and you don't have to buy another one. But you can pick those up used at a pretty good price.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Last edited by the1967mustang at Sep 6, 2010,
If u don´t like the neck get a mighty might. They just seem to hit the nail right lol.

I have a bullet that am EAGER to buy some new pups, already bought the saddle, also will be getting new tuners for it, GOD THIS WILL BE SEXY BEAST!!!!!

Can´t forget about new pots and such c: Even though i already like the sound, it can sound WAY BETTER with little things and you say some hundreds on the other guitar actually hehe.

You should hear my friends Squier tele affinity, it sounds BEASTLY and he just barely modded it by adding a seymor duncan to it :P

I say do it ^_^
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
How long you been playing? I bet not long. I thought my yamaha eg-112 was terrible, I thought everything was terrible. Then I realized that it was really me that sucked and now the only guitar I can truthfully say is terrible to play is my '67 Decca deluxe with flat frets a warped neck and no sustain.
The question should never be "should I mod it". It should be "how should I mod it".
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
My opinion is that if you're planning on doing more mods in the future, mod this one as it's relatively cheaper than other guitars you may work on at some point, so less stress if your stuff it up. It's all a learning experience.

Unless you're going to modify it so much you spend more than the guitar's worth on it! Reworking the inner electronics would be a cheap but educational mod, for example.
By all means mod the electronics first. Better pickups first then better pots and a better 5 way switch. Then if you can get one cheap put a better neck on it. One thing though don't buy used pick ups unless you KNOW the dealer/seller is ligit. A lot of pickups aren't really marked well and this leads to ripoffs. Don't let them rip you off.
well i do want to make this squier a real guitar,but then again i want to get a humbucker guitar though.(i'm looking for a guitar that'll play punk/rock). i may have lost interest in strats becuz after this one....
If the guitar is modded and turns out to be good, then you will most likely be interested in it again. You can always get another guitar with humbuckers. It's up to you though. You can always use the parts you put on it on another project some other time, so they won't be wasted.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
maybe i'll mod it. if the price is very modest and it suits my low budget than i will. this is my first guitar and i think it might be a great idea.
I have to say that if you think your guitar is crap and your amp is crap I'd spend some money on a new amp and you'll find that your crap guitar just got a whole lot better. However, if you really fancy doing a mod job as well consider changing out the pickups. I'm not qualified enough to know whether changing the electrics will make that much difference. If you're in the UK take a look at IronGear pups

Thrench
Ibanez AS73
Squier Blonde Standard Telecaster
Home built Telecaster Deluxe
Vox AC4TV amp
Vox V845 Wah Wah
Marshall reverb
Korg Pandora PX4 multi effects
Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal

God is busy, save yourselves!!!
What would you want to do, Just replace the pickups? Also have you ever set the guitar up?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
I've been thinking of getting another squier to cut the body into a explorer inspired shape but of course it will require a new design considering an explorer is an extremely larger chunk of wood than a strat. I would go against what some of these guys are saying about molding electronics first and say mod the body and paint as it results in less of a investment if you already have the tools and it's surprising how the looks of a guitar can draw interest in playing it again. Just grab a pencil and paper and draw out the strat in as close to proportion as possible and play aroun with what shapes you can make look good by just cutting away at the body. Just make sure you plan it out and not just wing it.

By no means am I saying not upgrade electrnics but if your looking for a mod that is cheaper and will display your skill of guitar customizing more apparently to those who don't know the difference of a humbucker and a single coil I would suggest a body mod. Even if it's just staining it (which I did on my first squier and it looks good even though the body is made of like 5 boards of alder. The grain looked good enough and the boards were placed well enough to be subtle about it)

Guitarist for 11+ years
Bassist for 6+ years
Drummer for 5+ months

PSN account - DeadAimHeadshot
Quote by Invader Jim
not everyone can plunk down the cash for a new amp.

I do realise that but in the end if you're spending your hard earned cash on sticking in new pups etc it's still going to sound pretty crap if the amp isn't up to delivering these improvements, in my book that's just wasted money.

Thrench
Ibanez AS73
Squier Blonde Standard Telecaster
Home built Telecaster Deluxe
Vox AC4TV amp
Vox V845 Wah Wah
Marshall reverb
Korg Pandora PX4 multi effects
Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal

God is busy, save yourselves!!!
yeah my guitar is set up all tuned and stuff. Right now i am planning to change the strings to super skinkys and as well as changing the tuning locks. and btw if you can move the pick ups with your hands does that mean its not placed tightly?
Quote by GimmeRock
if you can move the pick ups with your hands does that mean its not placed tightly?

That's normal for most guitars. You may be able to make the guitar sound better by adjusting the pickup height though.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.