Right, so my band wants to cover Xanadu at one of our shows, and I'm set for amps and guitars to take care of the many parts, but what I am missing are some solid pedals for the tone. This is a small gig, and there's no way I can crank my AC30 to get the tone, so I need to use pedals.

I'm looking for something in the way of an
Overdrive
Chorus
Flanger

In order to get that Lifeson tone. I've got plenty of pedals, but none of them quite match the sound properly. They're all too "subtle" of a sound.

Any suggestions? Budget is not important. I'll spend what is necessary. It's about time I did some gear shopping anyways, it's been a while.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 6, 2010,
wiki him.

there might be some actual pedals he uses. i know he uses a wah for the spirit of radio
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by charles_ebarb
why don't you use a power soak to saturate your tubes instead of using a distortion pedal?

I don't like the tone those give. It sounds choked. I'd rather get a real high quality pedal like a Rothwell Hellbender or something. Plus, aside from this one show, I'm not going to need to keep the amp quiet anymore, so I'd never use it.
You could try running a re-amping setup, which would literally have the least 'tone suck' and 'choking' effect.

As for gear, Alex Lifeson uses a Hughes and Kettner Triamp, so you could try a Hughes and Kettner Warp Factor with a different tube in it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
As for gear, Alex Lifeson uses a Hughes and Kettner Triamp, so you could try a Hughes and Kettner Warp Factor with a different tube in it.

That's just what he uses now. Alex Lifeson has had more rigs than Lindsay Lohan has crabs.
Quote by Seref
That's just what he uses now. Alex Lifeson has had more rigs than Lindsay Lohan has crabs.

Well considering Xanadu was written in, what 77? He'd have been using Hiwatts at that point, so the AC30 is a pretty solid starting point. The Warp Factor may be exactly what I'm looking for though. from the clips I've heard, it's fantastically natural sounding, which is exactly what I want out of the pedal.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 6, 2010,