So..I'm saving up slowly.
Finally I have a job..So I'm saving up to 2K for an Amp & guitar, I'm at 200 at the moment. (USD)
My birthdays coming up soon, so I'll get cash.
Anyway enough of this.

My interest goes for..

Ibanez S470DXQM

Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR

Ibanez PGM100RE (I don't know about this..I hear its pretty rare to get, and I don't know the exact price).

Fender American Special Strat(HSS) or Telecaster

I play mainly instrumental rock, barely any metal. Although I don't mind metal tones.
Thanks!
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Good god this Schecter flood needs to stop.

Make sure you like the Ibanez necks, I guess. They're nice guitars, great value, but I can't handle how thin the necks are with my gargantuan hands. :P

HSS Strat is by far one of the most versatile guitars you'll find. If I were going for instrumental rock, with potential metal tones, I would get the Strat and plop a Nailbomb at the bridge. Not to mention that they're fairly cheap, leaving you with plenty to spend on a great amp.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Yeah I guess I like the HSS..
But the only problem is, I'm so used to playing on a 24 fret board that I play alot of 24 fret songs :/
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Only 24 fret Strats I know of are the Showmasters. They're not in production AFAIK, but are only $500-$600 used. They are, however, an H-H config, no pickguard, alder with flame top, and only tone/vol controls. :\

I'd go for the Special, and try to get used to 2 less frets or bend up. You might also be able to track down an extended fretboard, but it could still mess with the neck pickup.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?