Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a new half stack. And I mean new. The used market where I live (Edmonton, Alberta) is terrible and overpriced when it comes to good amps.
My Peavey XXX is versatile and I'm satisfied with the cleans and rock tone I can get out of it, but the metal isn't cutting it for me anymore. The new amp will be be used for metal and only metal. For everything else I use my XXX.

I listen to all kinds of metal such as COB, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Soilwork, Dreamtheater, Death, Bathory, etc.
Volume isn't an issue. I can crank it to my hearts desire.
Right now I have my eyes on the Mark V, but am open to others such as engl. I'm leaning towards a mesa cab though. I'm not a fan of the rectifiers, but haven't had a chance to play the new 2010 ones yet.
Also on a side note, it will be Mic'd. I record quite a bit.
My budget is 3000 Canadian. Like I said, I've been keeping an eye out for stuff used, but not finding anything I'd buy. Just point me in a direction, I can't make up my mind.
And if you find something used in my area, PLEASE point it out.
i dont know how soon it is coming out, but i am looking for the Egnater Armageddon to come out. i dont know how fast they will make it to canada though.

check out some videos, they are truely badass.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^that and the new Dual Recs got my penis blood boiling.

off topic, but how do you like the splawn? i am gasing for either a Quickrod or an Orange of some type?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
a few to consider that you haven't already mentioned:

Peavey 6505 or 6505+
EVH 5150 III
Splawn Nitro
Rivera Knucklehead
Blackstar Series One
Randall RM100
Randall RT100
Krank Krankenstein
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
a few to consider that you haven't already mentioned:

Peavey 6505 or 6505+
EVH 5150 III
Splawn Nitro
Rivera Knucklehead
Blackstar Series One
Randall RM100
Randall RT100
Krank Krankenstein

the revolution sounds wayyy better than the krankenstein.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Akira, I've played all of them, except for the nitro, and they didn't make a big enough impact for me to buy them on the spot. I do like the 6505 (non +) on a mesa oversized recto cab. My band mate uses it, and I'm considering getting one too. The guy wont sell me his.

But with the budget that I set aside for myself, I figure that I should try out more amps and not limit myself. Who knows I might find something that I LOVE. I'm going to play a mark v this week, and any other amps you guys recommend, and see how it goes.
Quote by EWMLTD
Akira, I've played all of them, except for the nitro, and they didn't make a big enough impact for me to buy them on the spot. I do like the 6505 (non +) on a mesa oversized recto cab. My band mate uses it, and I'm considering getting one too. The guy wont sell me his.

But with the budget that I set aside for myself, I figure that I should try out more amps and not limit myself. Who knows I might find something that I LOVE. I'm going to play a mark v this week, and any other amps you guys recommend, and see how it goes.

Wow that's quite a few you've got your hands on. That's a great start

I hear the Mark 5 is great (haven't played one myself unfortunately). good luck.
The Nitro (any any Splawn really) and the Knucklehead KTRE would be two worth looking into a bit further. The Carol-Ann OD2 looks cool too.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
off topic, but how do you like the splawn? i am gasing for either a Quickrod or an Orange of some type?

The Splawns are pretty dry and very articulate. The distortion is smoother than say a Rockerverb or Thurnderverb (both of which I like a lot too). The build quality on the Splawns is almost second to non in their price range. Much nicer than a 5153 and JVM build wise and probably better than the new HW Marshalls and Orange and possibly the Mesa's.
how much do mesa roadkings go for used around where you are?
judging by some of the bands i'd say they'd be a pretty good way to go but may be a bit to expensive
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
VHT PittBull of some sort.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
how about an ENGL?
like the savage, invader or powerball.
might be something you like.
Gear:

-Gibson Les Paul 2008 standard
-MIA Fender sunburst
-Orange Rockerverb C
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Roland 30x
-Line 6 pod x3
or how about donate that money to charities!
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
The Road King, if you can afford one, would be great. You get lonestar cleans and Recto gain out of the same box. Try the Mark V, some people love it but personally i hate it. The New 2010 Recto is pure absolute win tho.

Other than the Mesa's how about an Engl Invader or a Blackstar Series 1 (200 perhaps??)

hope this helps
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.