Page 1 of 2
Michael Cera gets a lot of hate for his seeming ability to only play one role, and for good reason when looking at his casting history.

But take a moment and watch this video:
Michael Cera Audition For Superbad.
The awkward pauses, stutters, and syllable stress mimic the scene from superbad to the millisecond, and it makes me reconsider that maybe hes not such a shit actor, but was just born to play that one specific role.

Clearly the fact that i felt compelled to state an argument for michael cera of all people means theres something wrong with me, but somehow now the universe makes more sense
Last edited by Erias at Sep 6, 2010,
It's like how Seth Rogan Plays the same guy in all of his movies, they really ar like the characters.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Nothing wrong with being a typecast, if you're good at the role.

After seeing Scott Pilgrim, I can say that he is GREAT at his casting type.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda

MC name = Bearrorism
what the **** is with all these duplicate threads? First the awkward friend guy and now the Micheal Cera thread again? What's next another thread about plus sized women?
He was awesome in Scott Pilgrim.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by guylee
what the **** is with all these duplicate threads? First the awkward friend guy and now the Micheal Cera thread again? What's next another thread about plus sized women?

More interesting than any Michael Cera thread.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by guylee

Maybe the next step forward is taking influence from the past ?
Quote by rockgodman
that dude from adventureland and zombie land is catching up to him though

I've always thought he was just a poor man's Michael Cera lol.

Imagine those two in a buddy cop movie
Quote by mrcrono

Imagine those two in a buddy cop movie

imagine them in the Parent Trap
Quote by MakinLattes

If this was Facebook and that was a status, I would like it.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
"Oh uh, I'm in a movie...?"

-Michael Cera in every movie

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Arrested Development was awesome. Michael Cera is awesome.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
He can be brilliant at portraying an incredibly irritating person, but the bottom line is that that single character is still unbelievably irritating and ruins every movie he is in. **** Michael Cera. He is an actor that will not last once he gets beyond the age of his characters, and that day can't come soon enough.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 6, 2010,
Quote by zippidyduda

I agree. I agree so hard.
Quote by MakinLattes

If this was a youtube comment, I thumb up it.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
He can be brilliant at portraying an incredibly irritating person, but the bottom line is that that single character is unbelievably irritating and ruins every movie he is in. **** Michael Cera. He is an actor that will not last once he gets beyond the age of his characters, and that day can't come soon enough.

I'll agree with you, but I still fear being bitched out by Cera fanboys.
Quote by mrcrono

Jesse Eisenberg is universally known as "Poor Man's Michael Cera". Every time his name is brought up, that phrase is thrown out.
Quote by severed-metal
I'll agree with you, but I still fear being bitched out by Cera fanboys.

fear not. You are behind the Shinysides Shield. I will be taking the flames
Michael Cera fucking sucks. But I can definitely see the appeal his movies (all of which are the same) would have on nerdy, unsociable teenagers who get panic attacks when girls talk to them.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
fear not. You are behind the Shinysides Shield. I will be taking the flames

I believe we are amassing somewhat of an army.

Quote by AzureNight
Michael Cera fucking sucks. But I can definitely see the appeal his movies (all of which are the same) would have on nerdy, unsociable teenagers who get panic attacks when girls talk to them.

Yus.
Quote by AzureNight

The kid gives us hope.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Maybe Cera is to awkward losers what Joe Pesci is to gangsters.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Last edited by catempire at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by catempire
Maybe Cera is awkward losers what Joe Pesci is to gangsters.

Joe Pesci is far from a thug in real life though
Wait, since Im in this thread, what was that one movie where Michael Cera played an awkward teenager?

Michael Cera is to awkward suburban teenage white boys as Samuel Jackson is to angry black men
Look at the guy. It's not like they can get away with casting him as a hitman or war hero. I mean what do you expect him to do when he's offered thousands of dollars to play these roles?
Last edited by The Madcap at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
He can be brilliant at portraying an incredibly irritating person, but the bottom line is that that single character is still unbelievably irritating and ruins every movie he is in. **** Michael Cera. He is an actor that will not last once he gets beyond the age of his characters, and that day can't come soon enough.

Nah.
Give him a big pair of glasses and a therapist, and he'll become the next Woody Allen.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

there are alot of successful actors/actresses that play one role in all their films.

it makes them a lot of money and gets them fame, but it inevitably makes them a second rate actor. sure they are first rate at the roles they take, but they are second rate when it comes to the very essence of the term actor.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Oh boy, should have seen you coming in with your anti-Cera flag flying. Must be fun going on your little crusade.

Anyway, he's typecast as hell. I really can't imagine him playing anything else.
Quote by btones
Oh boy, should have seen you coming in with your anti-Cera flag flying. Must be fun going on your little crusade.

Anyway, he's typecast as hell. I really can't imagine him playing anything else.

Well, it's either Cera or fat chicks.
He keeps refining that same role with every sequential movie. From incest to fatherhood to fighting/rocking out, he handles it with that..."Cera thing".
And Shinysides, if he does fail in a few years, he'll get an excellent middle-age comeback film. Either that or he's the next John Cusack, which would just make me soooooooooo happy.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by tubatom868686
Michael Cera is to awkward suburban teenage white boys as Samuel Jackson is to angry black men

lulz.
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
Cera can do more than one role, he just hasn't yet. Right now he's happy to do "Awkward but lovely teenager" but give him a few years and he'll do "Awkward but lovely middle aged man". Two roles right there.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
A lot of people start off not doing much more than one role. Look at Will Smith and now he's the most well paid actor alive to my knowledge. Some people stick with that one thing they're good at and do fine...others sink after a while and others yet (The rarest group probably) continue to grow and evolve as actors and go into more roles. I'm interested to find out which he does. I like him.

To me, funny people seem to be the best at trying new roles and doing well, oddly enough.
Last edited by BananaMartyr at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by Holy Katana
He plays that role better than almost anyone, which is probably why he gets cast as it.

Exactly. Jim Carrey gets the same thing said about him. Both could do other roles and be just as good. But people like the times they do these roles. People offer the roles to them. It is what the people producing the movies want. People who know how to make money from movies are requesting him soooo.... yeah

Quote by zgr0826
It's like how Seth Rogan Plays the same guy in all of his movies, they really ar like the characters.

I have far more problems with Seth Rogan. I think it's probably because his characters are always horrible people but still
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Page 1 of 2