well its pretty basic because its the first audition for the school to find placement. but it says to
prepare scales in the key of Bb, Eb, and F major along with A, G, C minor in written pitch

the bolded underlined part confuses the crap out of me.. what does that mean?

also whats a etude?
An etude is a short piece of music, maybe written pitch only applies to people who play transposing instruments.
Quote by pwrmax
An etude is a short piece of music, maybe written pitch only applies to people who play transposing instruments.

thankyou but what does my paper mean by written pitch?
Quote by Darkdevil1584
thankyou but what does my paper mean by written pitch?

I think he's exactly right. By written pitch it means you'll play whatever note is written regardless if you have a transposing instrument. Like, on guitar, you'd play everything an octave up. On Horn in F, you'd play everything a 4th below. Clarinet in Bb would play everything a Whole tone up. So on and so forth.
Quote by Darkdevil1584
Guitar.

In that case play them as is, don't worry about written pitch. Octave doesn't matter if you're just playing scales.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
I think he's exactly right. By written pitch it means you'll play whatever note is written regardless if you have a transposing instrument. Like, on guitar, you'd play everything an octave up. On Horn in F, you'd play everything a 4th below. Clarinet in Bb would play everything a Whole tone up. So on and so forth.

So basicly i need to know those scales a octave up =P and i should be set on that part?
Quote by Darkdevil1584
So basicly i need to know those scales a octave up =P and i should be set on that part?

Honestly, for guitar, I'd contact the school/an alumni/current student and ask them. Cause while guitar IS transposing instrument (everything sounds an octave lower than written on guitar), a C is a C no matter where you play it.