How awesome is this amp? I wanted to go marshall but have gained interest in laney as they sound a bit alike and have poor relative resale value(great news for me)! Plus Tony Iommi uses them, and he had a pretty awesome classic rock tone.

Any input on this one?
Last edited by patriotplayer90 at Sep 7, 2010,
GH50L ****ing owns.

That is all.

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Depends what tones you're going for, if you're going for the later Black Sabbath sound then by all means go for the GH50L. Keep in mind it's a single channel amp, though, so if you want cleans you're gonna have to go for one of the VH amps.

If you want the earlier Black Sabbath sounds, you're going to have to shoot for a Laney Supergroup or Laney Klipp head.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Keep in mind it's a single channel amp, though, so if you want cleans you're gonna have to go for one of the VH amps.

I was skeptical about this, but with the footswitchable second gain knob, the amp can be setup with a clean and distortion "channel" if you do it right.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Raijouta
Depends what tones you're going for, if you're going for the later Black Sabbath sound then by all means go for the GH50L. Keep in mind it's a single channel amp, though, so if you want cleans you're gonna have to go for one of the VH amps.

If you want the earlier Black Sabbath sounds, you're going to have to shoot for a Laney Supergroup or Laney Klipp head.

I'm a simple guy. One channel is enough for me. I'm just looking for an awesome sounding british amp
Quote by patriotplayer90
I'm a simple guy. One channel is enough for me. I'm just looking for an awesome sounding british amp

In that case the GH should be more than enough. I'd also check out the Soldano Avenger, you can find them used for around $1000.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Great amp(s). I have played the Iommi signature version, the bass boost switch is awesome.
If it's a long song, it's a long song.