This might sound stupid, but im just learning about how to use the effect loop... I am wondering if I should use speaker cables or instrument cables to run an effects loop through my jcm 900?
Instrument cables. Speaker cables are meant to carry the signal after the power amp, to the speakers
A small clone and a dd7 for now, but I plan on adding onto it soon. From what I've heard, delay/chorus/tremolo/almost every type of effects pedal should go in effects loop and distortion should go in the front.

Just curious. Where would a pedal tuner and a tube screamer go? effects loop or front?
try the clone in front too, just in case you prefer it there. ditto the dd7 (though odds are you'll prefer it in the loop, if you're using amp distortion anyway).

tubescreamer goes in front, what's the pedal tuner? i'm guessing it'd go in front too, but if the bypass is rubbish, it might be better in a true bypass loop or something (if you can be bothered).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ill probably get either a tu-2 or 3 tuner. If I put it in the front, aren't tuners supposed to be the first thing I plug into from my guitar for a more pure bypass signal?
not if it's a boss, they're buffered.

well i mean if you plug into the boss first you're hitting the buffer first, which is what you're meant to do (as long as you don't have a vintage fuzz in there). But that's sort of dependent on liking the boss buffer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?