I am looking for another amp already (GAS!), and want another Orange. I have a Dual Terror, and am looking for another Orange amp to complament the Dual Terror's weekness. I will not spend more than $1700, no matter what. Tone-wise, i am looking for more of a muddy southern rock/metal tone.

so which amp, the AD30HTC, the Tunder30, or the Rocker 30 would complament the Dual Terrors weaknesses most?

just a thought or two...

the thunder has an effects loop and an extra gain stage, both of which could come in hand.

the rocker 30 has EL34's, as the DT has EL84's, so the different tubes may yield me a more versatile pallet of tons.

the ad30, has three band EQ's on each channel, and the others do not.

so which amp, the AD30HTC, the Tunder30, or the Rocker 30 would complament the Dual Terrors weaknesses most?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
What specific weaknesses are you looking to replace? Because you could probably fix most of them with an EQ pedal or something...the DT is pretty versatile.

That being said...if you want more gain, go for the Thunder 30 IMO. The FX loop will come in handy also.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by Ayses
What specific weaknesses are you looking to replace? Because you could probably fix most of them with an EQ pedal or something...the DT is pretty versatile.

That being said...if you want more gain, go for the Thunder 30 IMO. The FX loop will come in handy also.

for some reason i am not the most fond of the fat channel and it sounds fuzzy-er than i like for more of a thick classic lead, and IMO, the Thunder 30, Rocker 30, and the AD30, have better OD channels than the DT.

i like the dual terror boosted for the brootalz, which isn't a main use, but it is a lot of fun.

however for the brootalz, the thunder does sound like the demos are slightly less fuzzy which is kind of nice for a different metal tone.

i would like an FX loop if possible, but if the thunder 30 isn't exactly what i am looking for, I will give up the FX loop for tone.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
another thought.

i guess you could say that the Dual Terror doesn't deliver the more classic Orang tone.

any pros or cons from anybody else?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
But the classic Orange tone IS fuzzy, not like a classic lead sound. What kind of cab are you using? My dual terror is THICK and has amazing leads, with a touch of natural fuzz of course. The only weaknesses it has are the lack of reverb and the not-so-amazing cleans. For that stuff, I'd just get a Fender DRRI or something.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
But the classic Orange tone IS fuzzy, not like a classic lead sound. What kind of cab are you using? My dual terror is THICK and has amazing leads, with a touch of natural fuzz of course. The only weaknesses it has are the lack of reverb and the not-so-amazing cleans. For that stuff, I'd just get a Fender DRRI or something.

yea, i know that the classic orange is fizzy, and i like that, and my lead channel is pretty thick. i love my dual terror, and without a doubt are keeping it, i am just looking for a complament. i am using a custom birch cabinet with two Celestion G1275t's. i designed it around the speakers, so it is set up ideal. i will probably be ordering an Orange PPC soon though. that will be for the DT in the meantime and eventually for the new Orange.

I am not looking for a classic lead type tone, if i wanted that, i would be looking for a Splawn (which i probably eventually will buy).

its just that the classic orange sound is different that the DT''s, and i am looking for classic Orange tone. Last year, i heard an awesome classic rock-esque band, although they did all of their own material. one of the guitarists used an Orange, and that is what turned me on to Orange. i thought the dual terror would get me close enough, but it hasn't. i am thinking that maybe i need an Orange with EL34's, like the rocker.

i will look at youtube videos to find my ideal orange sound.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
the more i listen to the rocker 30, the more i like it. but it would be nice to have an effects loop.

also i just picked up an orange ppc 2x12" cabinet. i decided to get that before the head, because i could use that in the meantime. who knows, maybe the V30's will help out the dual terror.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
The AD30 I played was voiced similarly to the Dual Terror so I'd immediately scratch that off the list. If I were you, I'd get one of their EL34 or 6V6 offerings. Rockerverb 50 or 100 comes to mind. Both fantastic amps. If you're looking for metal, it's going to be hard to get that low end with any 30 watter, so I'd kind of recommend against the Rocker 30 or Thunder 30 as well. If you can afford it, I'd just get the RVerb 100.
Last edited by drewfromutah at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by drewfromutah
The AD30 I played was voiced similarly to the Dual Terror so I'd immediately scratch that off the list. If I were you, I'd get one of their EL34 or 6V6 offerings. Rockerverb 50 or 100 comes to mind. Both fantastic amps. If you're looking for metal, it's going to be hard to get that low end with any 30 watter, so I'd kind of recommend against the Rocker 30 or Thunder 30 as well. If you can afford it, I'd just get the RVerb 100.

i am thinking Rocker 30, partialy because of it having the EL34's as opposed to the EL84's in the Dual Terror. so i completely agree with your idea of getting something with different powertubes.

how different are the Rocker 30, and the Rockaverb 50. i thought they were relatively similar, i will look into it more. maybe i could pickup a rockaverb 50 used in my budget. problem is i dont like buying used amps online, and we have a terrible CL in tampa and orlando.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by UntoExistence
why get two oranges when you could have a matamp?

i just looked into matamp. they sell for a bit more than i really want to spend, i and i would like to try one out before dropping the cash, and there are no dealers anywhere near me. they sound pretty good though.

---------------------

so scratch off the AD30, because i agree it is too similar to the Dual Terror.

Rocker 30 is good and i like the El34 concept as far as being more different than the Dual Terror.

Thunder 30 is good because of the FX loop and higher gain, but i dont like the single volume knob for the clean channel with no eq.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Ive got my mind set on a thunder 30 as well. Just as soon as I can find a store that carries it! (not released yet?) Its either that or go for the rockerverb 50. Choices!
- Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
- Fender USA Strat
- Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
- Orange PPC-212OB Cab
- Marshall JTM600 Head
- Marshall JTM410 Cab
Quote by beckyjc
^^The TH30 does have an EQ on the clean channel. Its the rocker that doesnt.

It seems to be out everywhere besides the UK. D=

i am getting myself confused now... lol.

i think it just may be a thunder 30. or a used rockaverb.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
thunder
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
My only real experience with Orange is the Rockerverb and Thunderverb and I loved both equally.

Personally, I would not buy a second Orange - there is other stuff to be had.

There IS an AD30 on your craigslist.

I see quite a nice selection of amps on Clist in your area including some Mesas that would be worth checking out. Like this one:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/1938199755.html

and a Mark IIB