I don't really need them right now, but I was just wondering what would be some good replacement pickups for around $100?

I have a Schecter Omen 6 with stock pickups and I mainly play Metal.

thanks in advance
What is your sound lacking? It sounds like you want to upgrade for the sake of upgrading and not because you need something. If thats not the case, be more specific about what you are trying to improve.

Just off the bat, I'd say EMGs or Blackouts if you want to go active, dimarzios for passive. Definitely consider the crunch lab for bridge. Air norton is a great neck pickup. But again, you really need to post more info for anyone to help you properly.

GFS make great budget pickups if you need to keep both under 100

Edit: What John said. New pickups through that amp will make 0 difference.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Still using that Frontman? Get a new amp first.
Yeah I know, I will be, I was just wondering as I might get some pickups for Christmas

To the guy above, I would just like a bit of a Jazzy increase to one of the pickups, which is why I said I don't necessarily need a pair of them, I like Jazz/blues stuff and the Schecter is good for that already but I was wondering if I could get it a bit better?

And I am just curious if an upgrade would be good for what I play, not really saying I would do this anytime soon.

I mainly play a lot of Metal, Hard Rock, and Jazz/Blues stuff but I was just curious, not really upgrading just for the sake of upgrading, that is why I made this topic

Really I just want to know if there is anything I could upgrade to improve these sounds, if not I am fine with that, I am still fairly new to guitar and I would like to learn more about gear and stuff
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Sep 7, 2010,
SD Jazz in the neck
SD JB in the bridge

if you want something a little more high output in the bridge, I'd reccomend a Dimarzio X2N or D Activator for really high output. For just a little higher maybe a duncan disortion?

But definitely get an amp first. Peavey 6505+ 112's are about 600-700.
If you want to play metal though, Dont go for a Valveking
Quote by Ironic Maiden
To the guy above, I would just like a bit of a Jazzy increase to one of the pickups, which is why I said I don't necessarily need a pair of them, I like Jazz/blues stuff and the Schecter is good for that already but I was wondering if I could get it a bit better?

And I am just curious if an upgrade would be good for what I play, not really saying I would do this anytime soon.

I mainly play a lot of Metal, Hard Rock, and Jazz/Blues stuff but I was just curious, not really upgrading just for the sake of upgrading, that is why I made this topic

Really I just want to know if there is anything I could upgrade to improve these sounds, if not I am fine with that, I am still fairly new to guitar and I would like to learn more about gear and stuff

Yeah, I would definitely put the $200 towards a better amp. Like I said, you won't even hear a difference with the amp your currently using.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I am saying amp first, because an amp is most of your tone. You should aim to get as close to your "ideal tone" you then select pickups and/or pedals accordingly to tweak that tone close to your ideal.

You can't optimally select pickups if you aren't already close to your tone.
Makes sense, but I got a general idea anyway and I was just curious, but again I am fairly new and don't know much about gear, that is actually the least of my knowledge.