Page 1 of 9
Brand new year guys! All going back tomorrow, what're you guys studying this year?

A2 Music Tech
A2 Media
AS Film Studies
AS Critical Thinking
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
A2 Physics
A2 Maths
A2 Politics
AS Law

I was going to do Electronics, but the college I'm going to said they no longer teach electronics, which was rather frustrating.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Archer18 at Sep 10, 2010,
I'm now on a gap year mwaaahaa

Good luck everyone tho! My one bit of advice would be do resits to give yourself as higher grades as possible, they guarantee you good grades even if you flop at A2.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
AS Maths
AS Physics
AS Spanish
AS Graphics

Don't start lessons until Monday.
I'm taking your mum. From behind.

srs.

I'll be in my 3rd year, so I can finish of my National Diploma in Music, but I need more subjects to legally keep me on timetable. So I'm redoing some Maths modules and...

AS Further Maths
AS Music Tech

Both to keep me busy, when not sat in a corner, playing Nick Drake songs, feeling sorry for myself.

And also, to build up a decent uni application, which my 6th form conviniently neglected to help us with, last year.
AS Maths
AS Physics
AS Chemistry
AS Computing

in for random stuff this week then full time on Monday.
^^^ good luck on the AS computing, i did it last year and really enjoyed it ...hope you do too .....

but im doing :

A2 computing
A2 physics
A2 chemistry
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
A2 Physics
A2 Maths
A2 Further Maths
A2 Philosophy (will probably drop after a week or two, though)
A2 Philosophy
A2 Maths
A2 History
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I'm a year behind because I dropped out of my last course (the international baccalaureate) but this year I'm starting a National Diploma in art and design

SONISPHERE was amazing!
GORILLAZ 12th November

I want to go back to Zimababwe

XBL: Marblesss
A2 Maths
A2 Music
AS Music Tech
A2 Music Tech

I'm doing the whole Music Tech A level in 1 year. Dunno if anyone else here does Music Tech, but so far I've been told doing both in the same year will be difficult.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Quote by Led Pepplin
A2 Maths
A2 Music
AS Music Tech
A2 Music Tech

I'm doing the whole Music Tech A level in 1 year. Dunno if anyone else here does Music Tech, but so far I've been told doing both in the same year will be difficult.

I got advised against it, because I need to focus on a lot of other stuff, such as getting up to grade 8 theory and practical (which I'm told will be looked on favourably by most uni's) and because I'll be doing the vast majority of work on my own, for all my subjects.

Its possible though, I don't see why you wouldnt be able to do it, its just a hell of a lot of portfolios of work to get through.
Quote by Led Pepplin
I've been told doing both in the same year will be difficult.

You have no idea.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
A2 Economics
A2 English Language
A2 Music Tech

Dropped French

EDIT: ^ yeah that seems awesome, love the seal song but it will be hard to input
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at Sep 9, 2010,
A2 Biology
A2 History
A2 English Language
A2 Geography
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
In the upper sixth now, pushing on with these for A2:
History
English Literature
Art
Chemistry

My plan is that if I get an offer to read History at Oxford, the standard offer is AAA, I'll drop Chemistry and push on with the other three I truly enjoy and am confident in getting straight As in. if I don't get an offer I'll do the four as best I can, apply the following autumn and have a year working in Paris or Lyon.

Quote by greenwoodfan93
A2 Maths
A2 Chemistry
A2 Physics
Pre U Philosophy/Theology

No one else here do Pre U's?

I've a cousin who does, she's at Rugby, though, so I think only major public schools do them currently.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
A2 Psychology
A2 Sociology
A2 Media Studies

Hopefully i will pass them all like i did at AS.
Last edited by josh999x at Sep 9, 2010,
Just started Year 12, taking four subjects to A2:

Maths
Physics
Chemistry
French
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by freddaahh
In the upper sixth now, pushing on with these for A2:
History
English Literature
Art
Chemistry

My plan is that if I get an offer to read History at Oxford, the standard offer is AAA, I'll drop Chemistry and push on with the other three I truly enjoy and am confident in getting straight As in. if I don't get an offer I'll do the four as best I can, apply the following autumn and have a year working in Paris or Lyon.

I've a cousin who does, she's at Rugby, though, so I think only major public schools do them currently.

Watch out with this plan. I'm not too sure about Oxford, but Cambridge have previously seen 4 subjects and give out offers based on this. A guy at my school last year received an offer of A*A*AA, which no doubt would have been lower had he only done three subjects. I personally dropped a subject because I saw little point in continuing one when this could happen and when all unis offer places at three a levels anyway.

You choosing Oxford rather than Cambridge for History because of the A*s?
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Quote by bulldozerbob
AS History
AS Sociology
AS English Literature
AS Psychology

Woah, thats strange.

Those were my choices untill I swapped Sociology for Law.
Quote by freddaahh

Ah right, yeah I think I must be at only comprehensive school in England that does them.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Not given the skeleton scores, all has to be worked out by ear.

Yeah I know, hence why its gona be hard to input, cos theres so much stuff going on
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
All are GCSE:

Maths
English Lit.
English Lang.
Triple Award Sciences
French
Art (really regretting that one)
Religious Studies
Music
Quote by Rabidguitarist
Because the government would look like dicks if they suddenly started legalising substances when they've spent millions of pounds on lying to us about them.

Little do they know, they already look like dicks.
AS:

Italian
French
History
Biology

started last week actually. I have the hottest Italian teacher.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by bassman434
A2 Maths
A2 Economics
A2 History
A2 Politics

yes i am a ****ing asian...

A2 Maths
A2 Further Maths
A2 Chemistry
AS Physics
AS Critical Thinking
AS Mandarin

Actually, I'm more asian
Quote by Shredx
Yeah I know, hence why its gona be hard to input, cos theres so much stuff going on

The chord sequences are piss easy to figure out, but the hard thing is going to be all the tidbits.

I'm using Logic 9 to do it in, what about you?
AS Maths
AS Further Maths
AS Physics
AS Chemistry
AS Critical Thinking

We actually do all 8 modules needed for the maths A level this year (i'm in year 12) so by the end of the year I'll have a whole Maths A level and then in year 13 we do the extra modules needed to get a Further Maths A level.

If I decide to do Maths at uni I might do the extra modules needed for an Additional Maths AS but I'm not sure if I'm going to do Maths yet.

Quote by frnzd
Watch out with this plan. I'm not too sure about Oxford, but Cambridge have previously seen 4 subjects and give out offers based on this. A guy at my school last year received an offer of A*A*AA, which no doubt would have been lower had he only done three subjects. I personally dropped a subject because I saw little point in continuing one when this could happen and when all unis offer places at three a levels anyway.
My sister got an offer of A* A A B from Cambridge to do Medicine which seems to be the standard offer (she got 4A*s so she got in).
Last edited by 12345abcd3 at Sep 9, 2010,
Quote by GezzyDiversion
The chord sequences are piss easy to figure out, but the hard thing is going to be all the tidbits.

I'm using Logic 9 to do it in, what about you?

might be coming to you for help then :P jokes.

and your gona laugh, Cubase 3 SL... So a bad version of a bad version of the 2+ old version of Cubase <_< I hate my school sometimes
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
might be coming to you for help then :P jokes.

and your gona laugh, Cubase 3 SL... So a bad version of a bad version of the 2+ old version of Cubase <_< I hate my school sometimes

Lame, I got as far as Cubase in that sentence :P

I may need to set up a Music Tech help thread soon
Quote by frnzd

You choosing Oxford rather than Cambridge for History because of the A*s?

They don't, their offers are always for three subjects, which I was told at a History open day.

No, I'm not choosing Oxford due to the different offer, I'm choosing it because I think it's better for what I want to do. Oxford is better for History, Cambridge has the edge on the sciences. Mainly, I just prefer it, I find the place more exciting than Cambridge.

Their admissions system is slightly different anyway, Cambridge are rather focused on results, pretty rigorous with AS results, whereas Oxford have their own entrance exams which take high priority. Their aptitude tests are pretty intimidating, but they work out how one thinks, not just what one knows.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
AS Maths Pure & Mechanics
AS Physics
AS Biology
AS Chemistry
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page