i can play a few songs, and i know a few chords but whats a good website or a book/video that will show me like chords, scales, modes, etc???

thanksies
try the jamplay free trial.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Youtube is good for that kind of stuff. Lots of videos showing chords and scales.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I find www.gosk.com to destroy everything else. There's no bloat, it's simple and straight to the point. It has lots of chords, the variations of those chords, what mode/scale they fit with. It also has scales in many different positions, all the modes, and the chords they fit over. And to cap it all off, they have a few arpeggios if you want to learn some sweeping, but not that many.

It's way better than youtube.
I have an amazing idea: get a teacher.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I have an amazing idea: get a teacher.

if there were a teacher in this town..i probobly would, but there isnt.
There is this book called Rock Guitar for Dummies. It is written by the guy from Supertramp (I can't remember his name right now). It explains scales, bar chords, power chords, etc. and gives real examples to play along to.

Great book. You can probably find it at Amazon.

Youtube is also a gr8 resource.

ron666