guys im buying a new guitar for my birthday and pls suggest me a guitar thats good for soloing! and with nice pickups nice feel and nice design and nice sound plugged to a vox vt30 amp my budget is $1500 below
metalmanica\m/
Judging by the fact that you have a metallica DP
I suggest you look at
a) Ibanez RGA Prestige series
b) Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
c) Any ESP/LTD Deluxe, say an M-1000

You might want to try a 7 or an 8 string in case you ever need the low notes, or if you play downtuned stuff.
EDIT: And your amp is totally unsuitably for metal. Get a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 with a Sanpera II pedal.

That should be ~ USD 500

For guitar, look at the Schecter C-1 (not hte Hellraiser), Ibanez RGA8/7 (if you want extended range), LTD EC-1001/M-1000.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Sep 7, 2010,
It all depends on the style you like. A general "cheap" guitar manufacturer that I suggest are the following.

USED 80's Fender strat made in Japan, or MIJ. These are high quality guitars, that people are trying to get, but you can find them still at a cheap price. I got mine 5 years ago before everyone started going crazy for them, and I bought it for $300. A used guitar in good condition will increase your buying power. A $300 Fender today is going to be a piece of crap, and is prolly made in either Mexico, or buy another company called Squier, which is worse than the MIM Fenders. Get an MIJ MADE IN THE 80'S ONLY!!! The ones after 1991 I believe, were made in another factory, and quality went down.
-- Fender strats are great for blues, rock, classic rock, and punk... stuff like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Green Day.. etc.

Next, A Les Paul. LP's are great for tone, but super heavy. I had one, it was stolen. There's a company called Agile, which makes really good LP's, in fact, they are better than most Epiphones, with a cheaper price tag. I put them somewhere between Epiphone and Real Gibson LP's.
-- LP's are great for harder rock, due to their humbucker pickups and they use a heavier wood. Think bands like Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, Metallica type bands.

Last, is the Ibanez RG. These can be hit or miss in terms of quality. I suggest finding a higher end model, used on Ebay, like you would do with the Fender. These are mass produced guitars as well, so there are a ton of them out there, and are relatively cheap. (Do not get an Ibanez Gio)
--They're fantastic for metal. Many bands use them, because the necks are super thin, with low action, making it easier to play lightning fast solo's. Other guitar brands that are good for metal, Jackson, Schecter (I have 2 schecters that I like), ESP/LTD (ESP's are expensive, and LTD's are crappy guitars, at least the one I use to own sucked)
I would suggest using some of your money to get a better amp first. You will still have a lot of money to get a pretty nice guitar used. But we need to know what kind of music you are going to play first.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
i would suggest a better amp as well like mustang says.

but without more info we cant know what you need
Quote by '93
i would suggest a better amp as well like mustang says.

but without more info we cant know what you need

This and the question about currency.

I don't understand how we're automatically supposed to just know the perfect guitar for everyone.

$1500 is a pretty decent budget too.

Are you satisfied with the tone from your amp? If it's the tone that is your biggest concern then you should look into a new amp instead.
Are there any shapes you're agaisnt?
Are there any bands you prefer over others? You can solo on ANY guitar.
Any artists you look up to?

I mean you have a Metallica avatar, but you might be a jazz player as well for all we know.
ok here i like playing metal and rock metallica acdc led zeppelin and $1500 us dollars there any more info?
metalmanica\m/
Schecter hellraiser are very good guitar and VERY affordable, if you buy one of these you should have some money left to buy a good amp to go with it chek them out
A Les Paul.

Like really, did you read my post?

You like Metallica and Led Zep and you have $1500.

Do you need 24 frets or can you live with 22?
Do you like thin necks or thick necks?
Can you get the proper tones with your current setup? If you have an issue with your tone a new guitar most likely won't make any difference with your current amp.

Help me to help you.
Quote by reclamation901
Schecter hellraiser are very good guitar and VERY affordable, if you buy one of these you should have some money left to buy a good amp to go with it chek them out

I played my new Schecter Damien Elite with that exact amp at Guitar Center, and it sounded amazing. Really compliments the EMG pickups.
My Gear:
Schecter Damien Solo Elite
Vox Valvetronix VT40 Combo Amp
Vox VFS5 5 Button Footswitch
With $1500 you should be looking at getting a new amp as well. You could get a really nice amp and guitar with that budget, especially if you go used.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm