Ive noticed alot of people on this forum highly rate Bugera amps, ive been after a new amp for a while now and ive read alot of good things about the 6260 212, can anyone give me any of their personal experiences with the amp?
Next month when i get payed i will buy one or a blackstar ht20 with a 2x12 cab
i play alot of bb king style clean blues, all the way up to strapping young lad style metal
To be fair, there are also those who think they are the Devil's spawn and they will kill your puppy when you're not looking.

Either way, I've been very satisfied with my 333. Cleans aren't what the 626X is made for though and I think the 333(XL) does that better, judging from what I've heard and read.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Well, for the clean blues, the HT20 would be better, but it wont get SYL tones. The 6260 will, but it wont be as good for the cleans. It depends which is more important to you
I think the HT20 with a boost would be able to get reasonable metal tones, but it isn't really voiced for modern metal tones like SYL.
the HT40 with a tube swap and an OD can get you modern metal sounds
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Kanthras
To be fair, there are also those who think they are the Devil's spawn and they will kill your puppy when you're not looking.

I don't know... I heard they kill your puppy while you're looking right at them.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Creeping_Kwano
Ive noticed alot of people on this forum highly hate Bugera amps, ive been after a new amp for a while now and ive read alot of good things about the 6260 212, can anyone give me any of their personal experiences with the amp?
Next month when i get payed i will buy one or a blackstar ht20 with a 2x12 cab
i play alot of bb king style clean blues, all the way up to strapping young lad style metal

fixed

they are decent enough amps for price. if you buy one used just make sure it works first. follow the advice in BeerChurchs Blog and post up in the Bugera Users Militia thread.

otherwise, i don't think I'd get one for blues. Take a look at the Jet City JCA20 and the new 50 coming out. Look at used amps too, what is your closest city and total budget?
I dunno, when I tried a 6262 the quality didn't exactly inspire confidence in me

I've been able to get surprisingly good blues tone out of my 6505+ 112.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by tubetime86
I don't know... I heard they kill your puppy while you're looking right at them.
They might kill your puppy because you say naughty things. My puppies are safe.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

what amp would you recommend? im looking at around £300, i can do without rediculous overdrive settings as i use my htdistx (tung sol-ed) for distortion anyway, and im not bothered about built in fx
The 333 instead of the 6260. Goes from fully clean to modern br00tz and pulls it all off with gain to spare.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

if you actully listen to a 6260, it sounds exactly like a 5150.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by rushpython
if you actully listen to a 6260, it sounds exactly like a 5150.
Impossible, I'm pretty sure they have different circuitry (poweramp at least) and different transformers.

They sound similar sure, but not the same. Some say they prefer the one, some say they prefer the other.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

333XL. Bloody versatile.
Done get a 626x.
The thing is, you can use a pedal to boost and improve your distortion.
But you can't improve your cleans with pedals. :/
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Quote by Ravenfaust
333XL. Bloody versatile.
Done get a 626x.
The thing is, you can use a pedal to boost and improve your distortion.
But you can't improve your cleans with pedals. :/
You can kind of make cleans better. From what I hear, it's pretty common to add some chorus/delay to 5150 cleans to spruce them up a bit. You could also use an EQ or sonic maximizer or something.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
You can kind of make cleans better. From what I hear, it's pretty common to add some chorus/delay to 5150 cleans to spruce them up a bit. You could also use an EQ or sonic maximizer or something.

Yeah, adding something to cut your signal's gain (EQ pedal, namely) before it hits the preamp=more clean headroom.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Yeah, adding something to cut your signal's gain (EQ pedal, namely) before it hits the preamp=more clean headroom.
Well, sorry, but that's just not true.

That does not increase headroom (maximum input signal strength before clipping), it just lowers the input signal, just making it quieter.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

^ I think he was kidding

Quote by Creeping_Kwano
what amp would you recommend? im looking at around £300, i can do without rediculous overdrive settings as i use my htdistx (tung sol-ed) for distortion anyway, and im not bothered about built in fx

I wish I could get my Bad Monkey 'tung sol-ed'

333x would probably work. used amps are the way to go.
Quote by Kanthras
Well, sorry, but that's just not true.

That does not increase headroom (maximum input signal strength before clipping), it just lowers the input signal, just making it quieter.

therefore lowering the signal's gain going into the tubes, pushing them less, which means breakup is less easily accomplished. Maybe it's not the technical definition, but w/e

It accomplishes the same thing. The other option is to get tubes that take longer to break up.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I wish I could get my Bad Monkey 'tung sol-ed'
I did that to my TubeScreamer, it's a pretty easy mod:

Quote by oneblackened
therefore lowering the signal's gain going into the tubes, pushing them less, which means breakup is less easily accomplished. Maybe it's not the technical definition, but w/e

It accomplishes the same thing. The other option is to get tubes that take longer to break up.
It doesn't increase headroom. The same thing can be achieved with the master volume.

It's like saying the roof of a room becomes higher from the ground when you use a shorter ladder to reach it.

edit: Oh, dear I double posted.. ima fix that in a moment..
edit2: fix'd.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Last edited by Kanthras at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by tubetime86

i herd they eat your puppy and crap out a clone of it.

TS - i'd go 333xl as well if i was going bugera. or another used option if anything was available that did the a-z tones you are after. check the usual suspects, ebay, kiji, jaxed, craigslist, gc etc....
Quote by Kanthras

True enough, but if you're choosing between a 333XL and a 626x, when the 333XL gives you sparkling cleans and the 626x doesn't exactly, you'd prefer the one which comes with better cleans and almost as brutal a distortion, rather than buy a 626x and then an EQ pedal and/or chorus and reverb, etc. :/
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
thanks for the help guys i think im going to shop around for the 333xl combo
also thanks for not clogging the thread up with memes and other internet drivel ;D
Quote by Ravenfaust
True enough, but if you're choosing between a 333XL and a 626x, when the 333XL gives you sparkling cleans and the 626x doesn't exactly, you'd prefer the one which comes with better cleans and almost as brutal a distortion, rather than buy a 626x and then an EQ pedal and/or chorus and reverb, etc. :/
Definitely with you on that one. That's one of the main reasons I went with the 333. A separate clean channel that stays clean (unless you really push it ).
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9