Ok, so I don't know whats up with this thing, I'm a bass player mainly and we only get broken strings when we pull the hell out of it.

So I got home from work. and my G string was broken, right at the tuning machine, No one touched it, but the heater was turned on in that room.

Just wondering, why did it break?
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
You might have a sharp edge on your tuning head. Check that and sand it down a little with a file. If it's not that I have no idea why it would break. Heat would make it expand if anything and be more loose. So I don't think the heater had anything to do with it.
If it broke at the tuning peg you might be able to wing something. Cross D and G perhaps?

I've done such things to get through a gig before.

Then again, it's just a G. Now if you break the low E you're kind of screwed.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

^^ Fair while... Few months I'd say

I don't play it much so I got a set of elixers for it. I just thought it was odd it broke without anything happening.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by ZaccB
^^ Fair while... Few months I'd say

I don't play it much so I got a set of elixers for it. I just thought it was odd it broke without anything happening.

with normal guitars you will need to change strings once a month
once every other month if you get coated strings

similar thing happened to me with a stratocaster
old strings break its a way of live

The Love Doctor (me ) prescribes a set or new strings for the guitar D'Addario phosphor bronze give amazing tone

the guitar is fine
^ ^ to the dude above,
you nee to spell/grammar check your advice. also, ive left strings on for like, 14 months and they havent broken.
and i dont see why they would need to be changed once a month, especially if he's not playing it that much. i usually change all my guitars about every 3 months because they keep their tone for about that long.

but yeah not sure why it broke. could be something like the heat made the string expand, and then if the temperature changed it might have got a bit tighter again and got caught on a sharp edge. being older strings they would be more susceptible to breaking on a sharp edge, so just have a look at your tuning peg and nut, and see there are any pointy edges that you could file off. other than that, i got nothing really. maybe a theif came in and was playing it, then broke the string and was all "man im outta here!"
Quote by fenderfreak100
with normal guitars you will need to change strings once a month
once every other month if you get coated strings

**** that.

I play the hell out of my guitars everyday and leave the strings on there for many months at a time and they don't break.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.