What's the going rate of a Blackstar Artisan 30 2x12 combo amp?

I ask this, because Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, etc... all have them listed at about $2,200-$2,400 after their MSRP discount, yet I saw one in Guitar Center marker as new for about $1000.

Why such the big price discrepancy? Could they have pulled that big of a goof or are they just trying to bend people over without the lube when they purchase from their websites or catelouges?

Even the Ebay stores all had them for the $2,000+ price range.
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
Sometimes they goof. If so, take advantage of it immediately. There is a little law in the US that protects consumers against 'Bait and Switch'. Besides, I've never known Guitar Center to pull those kinds of tactics. BS Marketing in their mailers is another story though

It could also be a 'Scratch and Dent' item, but that would be a drastic price drop for GC.

If you saw it at the store and it was marked with that price my guess is they goofed when they wrote the price down. That happens a lot and I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat even I were to simply resell it.

Which GC is this?
Rockville, MD.

I've seen some people say that they've purchase this amp used for about 900...English Pounds.

That's about $1,400 USD. Think I could sell it for that much?
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
oh snap - you are not in Maryland - you were browsing on teh webz?

that may be a different story. not sure if you would be able to convince them to sell it to you at that price. Wait....are you traveling here in the States and you saw this? Now I'm confuzzeled.

can't speak to the resale value but use the link in my sig and convert to pounds.
They're usually over £1000 here and they're a UK company (I'm pretty sure), I'm sure you could turn a decent profit on that
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
oh snap - you are not in Maryland - you were browsing on teh webz?

that may be a different story. not sure if you would be able to convince them to sell it to you at that price. Wait....are you traveling here in the States and you saw this? Now I'm confuzzeled.

can't speak to the resale value but use the link in my sig and convert to pounds.

I'm less than an hour from Baltimore & DC. I usually browse the GCs there.
go check it out, you could possibly flip it for a profit if it's legit.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.