Sounds like G major with a lowered third degree and no sixth. So some type of pentatonic/blues scale?

Notes are G A Bb D E F# from what I can tell.

Edit: Sorry, not sixth, I meant fourth.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Last edited by FacetOfChaos at Sep 8, 2010,
Quote by FacetOfChaos
Sounds like G major with a lowered third degree and no sixth. So some type of pentatonic/blues scale?

Notes are G A Bb D E F# from what I can tell.

if it has no sixth, how do you get E?

*cough*harmonic minor*cough* (or possibly ascending melodic minor, depending on what the sixth is)
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AlanHB
Going on a limb here - G dorian?

the F# kind of makes me believe it's rather just harmonic/melodic minor. but in your defense, the leading tones of the aeolian and dorian modes were raised in some old modal compositions for a smoother resolution to the tonic.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Meant to type fourth instead of sixth
Melodic minor in ascending form was my first guess since if you add in a C that's what you'd have. In retrospect that was probably the best guess too.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Quote by AeolianWolf
the F# kind of makes me believe it's rather just harmonic/melodic minor. but in your defense, the leading tones of the aeolian and dorian modes were raised in some old modal compositions for a smoother resolution to the tonic.

I'm just going on the basis that it works over the progression, particularly that opening lick. Completely debatable whether it's true
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
If it wasn't for that D I would almost say diminished.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!