Hello guys! I'm thinking of buying a new amp. I'm thinking about a Marshall JMP MKII and a 2x12 cab. What do you think about that. It's for playing at small clubs and so, but can it sound good on low volume or does it only sound good, when its crancked up?
keep in mind, full volume is about 4.5 / 10 on the volume knobby. after that you just get more gain. and it's loud, really really loud...
I know.. But its a 2x12 and not 4x12.. Now im playing on a Marshall DSL401 40w but how higher is it with the 2x12 cab?
Quote by Klinze
I know.. But its a 2x12 and not 4x12.. Now im playing on a Marshall DSL401 40w but how higher is it with the 2x12 cab?

have you played a jmp and is this a 50 or 100 watt?

where do you keep the volume knob on the dsl when you gig?

do you switch channels? do you use pedals/rack?

the jmp is a nice amp, but it's a bit of a one trick pony. understand you need to crank it to get distortion, or use pedals for grit. different guitars clean up well with the volume knob so you may be fine with it.

i'm going to pass on the louder because of 2 more speakers. slightly different tones with the smaller cab, but even that's debatable.

if you've played it and like it great, look used if you can and save some money. but it does like to be cranked up, very much so.
Quote by Klinze
Thanks! and its the 50 watt

thanks for ignoring my questions!

i feel so raped...
Quote by gregs1020

i feel so raped...

hey~at least I learned something from you
Gear

Fender American standard ash Telecaster
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Fender American FSR Chambered Telecaster
Fender HH FMT Telecaster

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40w Amp
Quote by gregs1020

i feel so raped...

Haha sorry, it went to fast!

When i play a gig with my dsl i normally have my volume on 12 o'clock and master on 9 o'clock

I switch channels, but i also use pedals.. Tubescreamer and Mudhoney..

Sorry :P
Quote by mbos4115
hey~at least I learned something from you

Quote by Klinze
Haha sorry, it went to fast!

When i play a gig with my dsl i normally have my volume on 12 o'clock and master on 9 o'clock

I switch channels, but i also use pedals.. Tubescreamer and Mudhoney..

Sorry :P

so you aren't even getting the dsl up past 9 on the master? that's just getting it going honestly. at that level with the jmp you won't be getting any dirt from the amp so you will be relying on pedals etc.

edit: what type of music do you play?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by gregs1020

so you aren't even getting the dsl up past 9 on the master? that's just getting it going honestly. at that level with the jmp you won't be getting any dirt from the amp so you will be relying on pedals etc.

You're welcome my friend
Quote by gregs1020

Well when its a nice gig I do.. Then sometimes up to 1-3 o'clock
But when its on a small cafe on something where dont want to much dirt Soo bad example

So when im practicing with the band and plays at some serious gigs i turn it on!

Edit: Well i play blues,rock,metal.. But most classic hard rock like Deep Purple, Kansas, Blue Öyster Cult and such things.. But also stuff like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and so on
Last edited by Klinze at Sep 7, 2010,
i'd also look into some splawns.

used they can go for about the same price and offer similar voicing and arguably better quality. you could score a used nitro or quickrod for about the same as a used jmp mkii, which is what i would do in your shoes. just another option to try provided it doesn't need to say marshall on the front panel.
Yeah i know, but I just fell in love with it.. And as said before the only thing im worried about is the volume..