Hello out there! Soon (hopefully) im buying a Gibson Les Paul. But I can't decide which one, so you guys have to help me a bit!

The thing a love is a thin neck, so hit me with options you think could fit me.!
A 60's Slim or Trad Pro may be your only options.
Moving on.....
Having owned both a studio and a standard.....I'd definitely say spring for the standard, but with you wanting a thin neck, can't really help you out.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Dont get a Gibson if you want a thin neck
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Well not superslim! I like the trad. neck! But on the les paul classic, isnt there the same neck?
Quote by Klinze
Well not superslim! I like the trad. neck! But on the les paul classic, isnt there the same neck?

The LP classic is probably one of my favorite LP's. It has the 60's slim taper neck so it's more toward what you are looking for. But if you want a classic you will have to go used as I'm pretty sure the classic isn't in production any longer. If you want new, shoot for a Traditional Pro, they have the same 60's slim neck as the classic. One of those new will set you back anywhere from $1900 to 2000.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by offthewall91
The LP classic is probably one of my favorite LP's. It has the 60's slim taper neck so it's more toward what you are looking for. But if you want a classic you will have to go used as I'm pretty sure the classic isn't in production any longer. If you want new, shoot for a Traditional Pro, they have the same 60's slim neck as the classic. One of those new will set you back anywhere from $1900 to 2000.

Well im also looking for used! And i have also though of the classic, so its sounds as its the les paul for me!
Does anyone own a classic and can give some feedback on it.. Which years are good for a classic?
If you want a specific neck then there is no point looking for a specific model or asking people online. Every Gibson has a slightly different neck - and I do mean every single one, even ones that are made at the same time and that are supposed to be the same model. The necks vary the most with the Custom Shop models, but the standard production models do vary too. The only way - and I stress only way - to know if a Gibson will have a neck that you liek is to go to a lot of stores and play as many Gibsons as you can get your hands on. When you find one with the neck that is right for you, buy that guitar right then and there. Don't buy a Gibson online, don't buy a Gibson without playing it first, don't limit yourself to specific models just because of what the spec sheets say.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
What about those Les Paul Goddess guitars?

Were they thinner neck or shorter scale or something? That is if you're willing to look used and get lucky.

If not then what Fibble said. I usually don't play Gibson's because I not a fan of their necks but recently I had played a Traditional that was a bit more comfortable than the other Gibson's I'd tried. I think you should really go out and try everything you can. Since I assume your ready to drop a few thousand which is a lot of money. I wouldn't want to buy blind in your case.
Quote by Jigsaw62
**** the gibson. get a better quality and overall better guitar for alot less in the esp ltd ec-1000.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26043305

*facepalm*

If he wants something that's as good as an LP standard then I'd much rather an Eclipse II than that ridiculous amount of abalone. For that very reason I'm only ever considering buying the one in flat black.

TS: I know it's not a Gibson, but an ESP Eclipse II is a VERY good LP copy. Eclipse I's too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 7, 2010,