Heyy, I want a new amp, my current is a Marshall AVT150X, I don't view it as particularly bad, i've just had it for a while and want something to compliment my tone more..

My dad said I can't be that choosy cause he wants to get me one around the xmas period, i'd also be part-exing my current amp to go towards this newer amp, I think we might be going for used as it's also a cheaper option,
but does anyone have any ideas on what i should get? :]

I play a lot of metal, and i like my cleans aswell, so the amp has to cope with that well, and i also need an amp with ok reverb on it, as i do not possess a reverb effect pedal, so that effect would just be handy!

I'm gonna guess at my budget to be around £500..

cheers :]
used amp is definitely an option
and, well.. to be honest, home AND band use, gig use too if possible, although 9 times out of 10 we mic up the amps so it shouldn't be too bad..
Would you need the amp for band rehearsals or gigs?
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
+1 for Jet city. I have to 20 watt head and it rocks, but to get some better headroom at decent levels I would say go for the 50 watter. I'm not sure if it has reverb (I know the 20 watt combo does) but it has an effects loop and you could probably just save up a bit of dough and get a decent reverb pedal used
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Edgecrsuher
I have a Peavey 6505+ 112 (60 W tube) and love it, you can also try the jet city amps and this http://www.thomann.de/gb/randall_t2c.htm. Hope I helped you.

I second the 6505+ 112. It's horrendously loud, sounds really good, and has more gain than I know what to do with.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I second the 6505+ 112. It's horrendously loud, sounds really good, and has more gain than I know what to do with.

I like the way you put things..
Quote by Chasing Shadows
I like the way you put things..

If I remember correctly, it's like £450 at GAK.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, 6505 combo seems like it would work well for you.

You might also want to look into a used Engl Screamer combo, or do what I did and get a used Laney GH50L and a used Framus 2x12". Both are better for lower-gain tones than the 6505. But if metal is what you want, the 6505 will be great for you.
Quote by TheQuailman
Yeah, 6505 combo seems like it would work well for you.

You might also want to look into a used Engl Screamer combo, or do what I did and get a used Laney GH50L and a used Framus 2x12". Both are better for lower-gain tones than the 6505. But if metal is what you want, the 6505 will be great for you.

Both excellent alternatives to the 6505, especially if you're into more of a chunky 'very heavy rock' sound rather than teh br00tz