so i made a bunch of 8bit midi files with the program posted in this amazing thread, but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the actual 8bit sounds onto my ipod. i can import the midis into itunes, but they just play the guitarpro file noises, and not the 8bits. help? i need some 8bitcore up in my car
Well, I don't really deal with audio software and crap. But I guess you should look for a .midi to .mp3 converter.

As far as I know what is pretty much the only way to do it is play the music file and record it at the same time, recording it into a format of your choice (like an mp3 or wav or whatever). All those programs that claim to convert midi to whatever are going to do exactly that, they're just going to (in theory) cut out a little bit of the work for you.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by TheClincher
so i made a bunch of 8bit midi files with the program posted in this amazing thread, but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the actual 8bit sounds onto my ipod. i can import the midis into itunes, but they just play the guitarpro file noises, and not the 8bits. help? i need some 8bitcore up in my car

It exports in .wav. you need to convert it to mp3 or something normal to listen to.