Hey guys recently I'm getting a bit bored of all the digital modelling stuff I use for home use and want that tube response for practising in my room too.

The bassist in my band is offering to sell me a non functional Laney AOR Pro-Tube 30 combo for £50. Do you think it is worth it? I play mostly metal and rock but I'm not fussed about the amount of gain on top really its more about the tone and response for me at the moment as I can always get an 808 to boost it if need be.

As far as I am aware all the tubes are just dead as it has all the original tubes in it. Very low output and generally crappy tone coming from it at the moment.

I intend to replace all the tubes and put a celestion vintage 30 in it.

Anybody got any experience with these laneys? Think its worth it?

Cheers.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
If the tubes are definately the only problem, then take it...maybe offer him £30 and see what he says. But the AOR is meant to be great for rock and metal and for that amount of money, it's a steal
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I hear they are similar voicing to a JCM800? That classic marshall tone, would this be accurate?
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
Awesome amp, awesome deal. Go for it, definitely.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Will definitely jump on that deal then. I have been playing with my strat a lot too recently clean and slightly over driven so I think it will be good for my current blues phase I'm going through.
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
That is ridiculously cheap, BUY IT NAO!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Talentless
Will definitely jump on that deal then. I have been playing with my strat a lot too recently clean and slightly over driven so I think it will be good for my current blues phase I'm going through.

Sure, but keep in mind these can be metal amps too... take a listen to 'Dragonaut' by Sleep, granted it's not a super tight sound, but still.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Bostonrocks
That is ridiculously cheap, BUY IT NAO!

+10,000
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Heard nothing but good things about this. JCM 800 clone on the cheap.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE