Ok, I don't mean tremolo picking on a single string. I mean soloing (or shredding, if you will). I'm having 3 main problems with it; I can't get my hands to sync with each other, I can't go any faster than a certain speed and when I up pick say the D string and I'm going to down pick the G string I accidentally keep hitting the D string again on the way down. Does anyone have any exercises or help they could give me? Thanks, and sorry if there are already loads of these!
I know this isn't necessarily the answer you are looking for, but i find that just learning and playing songs you like teaches you the basic techniques without any boring lessons or exercises. if you don't know what to play, i'd say look into some 80's or 90's metal or some of the modern metalcore like In Flames and all that (horrible) jazz, it has a lot of that "pumping on the low E-string while playing notes on the A and D-strings" thing, which i think would let you pick up that technique pretty fast.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by jimmybawbby9663
Ok, I don't mean tremolo picking on a single string. I mean soloing (or shredding, if you will). I'm having 3 main problems with it; I can't get my hands to sync with each other, I can't go any faster than a certain speed and when I up pick say the D string and I'm going to down pick the G string I accidentally keep hitting the D string again on the way down. Does anyone have any exercises or help they could give me? Thanks, and sorry if there are already loads of these!

You already isolated an exact problem. My theory is always to take that specifically, and keep practice that until it's no longer a problem. Simple and straight to the point. You found a weak spot so fix it now and get rid of it for good.

No, it's not much fun. But for me this approach was always fastest and most effective for getting results. YMMV

As for the speed and sync problems, slow down to a tempo that's manageable until you get the hang of it.