if this is for temporary use, i would try a boss ME 25/75(i think these are the models) or a Line 6 M9/M13.

a Boss GT-10 would be overkill if you need this only short term.\

ps. look for the black case MFX from BOSS.
Last edited by iampeter at Sep 7, 2010,
Quote by iampeter
if this is for temporary use, i would try a boss ME 25/75(i think these are the models) or a Line 6 M9/M13.

a Boss GT-10 would be overkill if you need this only short term.\

ps. look for the black case MFX from BOSS.

black case mfx? Whats that? I know the ME70 is black....
digitech rp500 !!!
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
for 400$ you can get a digitech rp1000 on MF, you pay 500 and get 100$ back
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Due to circumstances, I have to get a cheap MFX unit by the end of the week.

Explain?

Different MFX are suitable for different situations, though I can't think of a circumstance where needing one could be called an emergency...
Line 6 M9/13
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by kyle62
Explain?

Different MFX are suitable for different situations, though I can't think of a circumstance where needing one could be called an emergency...

Sudden gig without warning. Read: Forced into one. My original plan was to form a band after my 12 grade board exams, get a Vypyr and an Ibanez RGA8. This has totally sent my plans haywire.

And the M13 is USD600 here. M9 is 450.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Sudden gig without warning. Read: Forced into one. My original plan was to form a band after my 12 grade board exams, get a Vypyr and an Ibanez RGA8. This has totally sent my plans haywire.

And the M13 is USD600 here. M9 is 450.

Why would you go out and buy a multi-FX just for one gig, one that you seem reluctant to do anyway? What effects do you really need?
Quote by kyle62
Why would you go out and buy a multi-FX just for one gig, one that you seem reluctant to do anyway? What effects do you really need?

Not one gig. Starting now.
Need delay, reverb, perhaps chorus. Oh, and wah later on too.
Buying individual pedals will land me with a whopper of a bill. Besides, I usually stick my leg on my amp and balance the guitar that way. So I cant tap dance on loads of pedals.
Is the Korg AX3000 the only MFX available? We don't live in India and I doubt anyone wants to name one MFX after another until it's on the list of available units. List all of the potential ones you could buy and we will give our opinions.

I;ve owned the AX1500 and it had some decent tones. So I expect the AX3000 will not be bad. But it's an old model and there may be better units.
Quote by fly135
Is the Korg AX3000 the only MFX available? We don't live in India and I doubt anyone wants to name one MFX after another until it's on the list of available units. List all of the potential ones you could buy and we will give our opinions.

I;ve owned the AX1500 and it had some decent tones. So I expect the AX3000 will not be bad. But it's an old model and there may be better units.

Digitech RP series
Boss ME/GT series
Line 6 POD series
TC Electronic G series Rack effects
Zoom G series (want to avoid)
Korg AX series
Vox Tonelab

Other than this lot, I cant really think of anything, except the Peavey Vypyr, which is an amp.
Both the Tonelab ST and Boss ME-25 are nice units. I would take the ME-25 over the ST because of the freeze function and the 38 sec looper on the ME-25.

The Zomm G9.2tt is a great unit. No need to avoid it. Although there may be some question as to the reliability of the footswitches if playing live and getting heavy footed.

The Pod XT or X3 is a good choice especially if you are heavily into high gain tones.

The RP 500/1000 are both decent units. The lower end RP series have drum machines, but not really enough footswitches to control individual FX. The ST and ME suffer from this as well, but I would prefer the tones on the ST or ME over the lower end RPs.
Quote by fly135
Both the Tonelab ST and Boss ME-25 are nice units. I would take the ME-25 over the ST because of the freeze function and the 38 sec looper on the ME-25.

The Zomm G9.2tt is a great unit. No need to avoid it. Although there may be some question as to the reliability of the footswitches if playing live and getting heavy footed.

The Pod XT or X3 is a good choice especially if you are heavily into high gain tones.

The RP 500/1000 are both decent units. The lower end RP series have drum machines, but not really enough footswitches to control individual FX. The ST and ME suffer from this as well, but I would prefer the tones on the ST or ME over the lower end RPs.

OK. Both the Tonelab ST and the ME are bang in my budget. The POD, I'm not too sure. Need the check out. Thanks man!
Thanks to everyone who replied! Sure makes my job easier.
The ME-70 is a really really nice pedal, but if you only need a few effects, the ME-25 might do you well. It's a lot more price friendly for sure.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Not one gig. Starting now.
Need delay, reverb, perhaps chorus. Oh, and wah later on too.
Buying individual pedals will land me with a whopper of a bill. Besides, I usually stick my leg on my amp and balance the guitar that way. So I cant tap dance on loads of pedals.

Say what?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Any difference between the ME20 and the 25?

I don't know, I've never heard of an ME-20.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
you can't possibly have any sort of stage presence playing like that
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Any difference between the ME20 and the 25?

me-20 doesn't have any amp modelling. It only models boss pedals. The me-25 has modelling so u have amp modelling and other effects/dist pedals.

get the me-25 out of those 2.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Lol.....well, what do you expect from a guy whos gone on stage only once in his life?

well let me give you a piece of advice, stick the amp in the backline, use your strap, don't stare at your hands while playing. Look out at the crowd. move around some, you dont have to be jumping all over the place but don't stand in one spot. With the few effects you want I'd either bump the budget up to get a quality multifx unit. I wouldn't get less than a M9, or buy the pedals individually.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by holycow
me-20 doesn't have any amp modelling. It only models boss pedals. The me-25 has modelling so u have amp modelling and other effects/dist pedals.

get the me-25 out of those 2.

Thanks man.....gottit.
Quote by lbj273
well let me give you a piece of advice, stick the amp in the backline, use your strap, don't stare at your hands while playing. Look out at the crowd. move around some, you dont have to be jumping all over the place but don't stand in one spot. With the few effects you want I'd either bump the budget up to get a quality multifx unit. I wouldn't get less than a M9, or buy the pedals individually.

You cant stare at the crowd while playing Dream Theater.
What amp is all this going into? If you've never gigged before I'm assuming you've not got a good quality gigging amp?

So instead of adding lots of crappy effects to a crappy amp, you'd get much better results from a decent modelling processor (like a Tonelab or Floorpod) and running straight into the PA with cab emulation.
Quote by kyle62
What amp is all this going into? If you've never gigged before I'm assuming you've not got a good quality gigging amp?

So instead of adding lots of crappy effects to a crappy amp, you'd get much better results from a decent modelling processor (like a Tonelab or Floorpod) and running straight into the PA with cab emulation.

The PA will be even worse.....this is India.
how are you gigging with a 15 watt solid state amp?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020